The Hideous

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
Smile The Hideous

Hello all...

Been working away on this and just wanted to share, triangle count...I am looking at approx 10,000 polygons when it's done, still much more goodness to do on this still, but I will try update regularly with this...

Rough Concept..

Low polygon...

ZB...

DWIV
Never enough time!!...

3dblog

Last edited by johnwoo : 09 September 2005 at 09:14 PM.

09 September 2005
Nice. Another quality creation from the warped mind of the Wooster. One thing bothers me though... thats not a lot of pixels for such a big creature!! Look forward to updates.

09 September 2005
Did you make that model out of just that concept picture?? that's totaly amazing . did you use refrences/blue shets (side, front, etc) ??

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by kaisasose: Nice. Another quality creation from the warped mind of the Wooster.

This is exactly what I have thought

Great job so far. Morbid concept.

09 September 2005
DUDEEEEEE!!! How You can do this to me?? You are killing me, againnnnnn .
You have too much time . Give me some I won;t say anything about this ... I'm injured.
Oki I will say something ... IT'S SO FU**ing AWESOME!!
I thing it could be Your the best work so far. Keep us updatin
ANd one last thing ->
Nothing more
Take care mate.

09 September 2005
Really like this concept Johnwoo, love what you have done with head so far. Looking forward to watching this progress.

09 September 2005
Talking

WOOO!! He's at it again

One thing that seems a tad bit off to me is the scale of the heads. Theys seem a bit small in comparison to the concept. The mouth area (from below the nose/s) could be longer too.

The abdomen seems a bit to long as well. I know the creature is leaning forward a bit in the drawing, but it still seems a bit too long to me (or perhaps a tad bit fatter).

Keep going.... I'm just waiting to see the texture work next.

09 September 2005
Awesome, looks like something straight from altered states!. Great concept.

09 September 2005
nice concept and nice model, but the arms seems to be a little bit to short (also concerning the concept sketch

09 September 2005
I can't wait to see more of this. Simply great start!

-Twitchy

Tip: Using reference is not a weakness. It's actually a sign of strength.

09 September 2005
Talking What the heck - Are man-boobs "in" this summer?!

Sweeet! So this is what you've been toiling away on. Nice one Lee.

I'm curious how you'll animate the folds around the mouth - you will rig the mouth, right?

I too am concerned about the length of his arms, they're not long enough to scratch his meat and two veg! Man, that guy is gonna itch big time - is that why he's got that expression on his face?

Anyways, you're putting me to shame... I'll have to see about speeding up to catch up!

09 September 2005
Really nice start start johnwoo - Great piece of zbrush too I cant wait to get to that stage !! I'd beef up his arms in size, to give more of that grotesque hulk factor that youve got going on in the concept - but other than that hes looks really good. Nice job

09 September 2005
so far so good.the concept is brilliant.
keep up the good work!

09 September 2005
I like the smaller, more angular teeth in the concept a bit better - those longer teeth don't suit the design as well. Otherwise its lookin awesome, will be watching!

09 September 2005
I agree with adam - those shorter, more human teeth look better than the sharper ones. Excellent work! A new monster from mister woo always goes down well in my book
Cant wait to see the texture job on him - speshley now youre using zbrush as well.
I love the bulky shoulders and man-boobs on him, but i think the fingers are a little high-poly, and the toes look a little cartoony. Im sure they will look great in the end when you work your texture magic on it!

Thread Closed share thread