Spectacular 3D Entry: Gerard Jaran

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
Spectacular 3D Entry: Gerard Jaran

Gerard Jaran is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: Maori in boat

Master & Servant

my site

09 September 2005
Great to see you joined. Good luck

In the year 4016...

09 September 2005
Well here's my idea, and it came to me right away what is a good sign

Lately I've been working on an animation of an Humback making a breach for the GLU3D contest, but I was working with a model i had but didn't do since the contest focus on animation and not modeling (and lack of time).

So I will model one for this contest, but a Humpback ain't spectacular enough yet, so I decided to go with the biggest whale of all the Blue whale good start.

But I need it to do something spectacular, we all know humpack can do more then breach but jump out of the water like dolphins and Killer whales, but do blue whales jump, no one ever saw one do it so we have no idea, they have been seen breaching but jumping out of the water never. So here's something spectacular and maybe even plosible. But then again for some people, it wouldn't be spectacular enough, so I decided to give the Blue whale a trainer andd will put him on the tip of the nose of the Blue Whale like trainers do with Killer whales, just so you can imagine how big a blue whale is the bigest was 33 meters (not foot but meters) long, so my trainer won't be that big in my image. So if I would actually see a guy been puch by the nose of a blue whale jumping out of the water I think I would be really impress and would say I saw something spectacular.

What is great is I'll be able to push my particle experimentation even further then I did in the past weeks and on top of that give me more experience in whale modeling something i need cause I plan to realise a documentary on whales one of these days (if I ever find the funding)

So good luck to all, I will post my sketches in the next few days.

Now let's go see who entered already this contest.

Master & Servant

my site

09 September 2005
Sounds like a spectacular sight to see. Just the sight of a blue whale would be spectacular, and the human trainer would really show its scale. I always wanted to try out GLU3D...maybe one day far in the future.

In the year 4016...

09 September 2005
Concept Sketch: Sketch Of Blue Whale

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

Ok well this is my concept, I've explained it in my previous post.

Master & Servant

my site

09 September 2005
Welcome here Gerard... I can see you already have a very good idea/concept... great

09 September 2005
Hi Gerard, love your concept! It looks very promising - good luck and have fun!

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

09 September 2005
Smile

hullo...welcome again gerard! ... thats a wicked one. good luck!

09 September 2005
cool whale (I tried to draw it for my idea but failed )

09 September 2005
Talking

looks like a great whaleride ahead! just came to wish you best of luck and loadsa fun mate! hehe, and enjoy the ride

09 September 2005
now that is interesting~having a guy standing on the tip of the whale mouth~who would have expected that~nice one.best of luck mate~!

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by ar LutiK:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

Ok well this is my concept, I've explained it in my previous post.

ça me rappelle mes vacances cette été au Canada !
Une sorte de dresseur de baleine à Tadoussac ! ahah ! :lol:

Originally Posted by the1st_angel: looks like a great whaleride ahead! just came to wish you best of luck and loadsa fun mate! hehe, and enjoy the ride

I think we say "Wallride"...

09 September 2005
cool Idea man! can't wait to see your model , !!! good luck and have fun!

09 September 2005
Been evaluating the stituation and at that size I'm gona choke my machine again with the number of particles I'll need to generate, I'm gona need lots of layering in composition.

Yikes once again my new theory works, go with the simple idea to find out it will be the hardest.

Master & Servant

my site

09 September 2005
Smile hi

Good luck....!

Thread Closed share thread