Spectacular 3D Entry: Andrew Kinabrew

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #1
Spectacular 3D Entry: Andrew Kinabrew

Andrew Kinabrew is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: very small update

Old 09 September 2005   #2
Concept Sketch: main idea

One of my major issues with images created with 3d is that the image has to fit the medium. I've been thinking really hard about intense images that could be produced in 3d that would suite the medium. I was laying in bed last night and thinking what could I do that would refine my skills and it came to me, put a baby in traffic.

Some may feel that this is cruel but I think the prostration of innocence being in the middle of the road with speeding traffic would throw a hard punch straight to the groin. Not only that but place a serious accident happening mere feet in front of the child. I'm certain this is an idea I can go with. Ideas?

Old 09 September 2005   #3
The idea is excellent , I think you may be on to something here.

How about having the baby on his/her knees reaching for a ball or some toy that made it's way out into the street, or maybe even a topled tricycle. That way it wont seem like gratuitous violence but more like an act of an irresponsible handler

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

Old 09 September 2005   #4
you and me are on the same page my friend. I was playing with that idea but I was thinking of a rattle

Old 09 September 2005   #5
i had similar idea as well, guess you beat me to it.... so good luck

Old 09 September 2005   #6
Or have someone on the side running towards the baby trying to reach it in time. This would build suspense...will he\she reach the child in time??

Old 09 September 2005   #7
this has very big potential, will follow this thread like a fly that sticks to shit

Old 09 September 2005   #8
Yes, awesome idea - I'm watching closely!

xenomata

Be indiscreet - do it continuously.

Old 09 September 2005   #9
Concept Sketch: blocking

Here's the blocking of the scene. we'll see how well this works. I've got to think about camera angle. I like how low it is but I may have to tilt it a bit. It is early in the development so I'm pretty sure I'll be going with something slightly different. We'll see.

I think someone running into the scene may work but it may decrease the danger of the scene. I'm going to think about it. Thanks for the suggestions and interest, keep em coming and I'll keep the updates coming!

Old 09 September 2005   #10
nice idea, keep it up... me like

Old 09 September 2005   #11
i'd try more widescreen picture format - more cinematic feel in this case is better

Old 09 September 2005   #12
Not looking

I really like the concept. I think the piece could have a lot more emotion if the baby was facing the camera either a. crying and scared, or b. seemingly unaware of what is about to happen to him/her. Think of contrast as well. It might seem worse if it's a clear sunny day while this horrible thing is happening. Hope those help.

Old 09 September 2005   #13
I like the idea has all kinds of possibilities. This will be one to watch. Good luck with it..

Old 09 September 2005   #14
The sketch's very nice and very powerful. I really like it.

Yong

Old 09 September 2005   #15
I agree with Azazel about the aspect ratio - a widescreen would be even better here. Looks promising at any rate, and I particularly like the car to the top right of the image, just the kind of thing you need to convey the sense of a stillframe from crash footage.

xenomata

Be indiscreet - do it continuously.

Thread Closed share thread