Spectacular 2D Entry: Erik Fourie

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
Spectacular 2D Entry: Erik Fourie

Erik Fourie is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Concept Sketch: concept 2 - thief

Last edited by Mordalles : 09 September 2005 at 11:00 PM.

09 September 2005
hey man! good luck this time round!

09 September 2005
thx NOOB! same to u!

still have absolutely NO idea what im gonna do. just read the theme now. think i'll think about it for atleast a week. my mind just feels empty. blank. unspectacular. lost. . . . er . . . i dont even have anything to say.

good luck to everyone else!

ps, my scanner broke 2 weeks ago, and i dont have wacom tablet. maybe this was an omen. who knows. hehe.

09 September 2005
wow man haha,we have till december this time which is far as hell,u have plenty of time to get scanner fixed,or buy a wacom.

09 September 2005
nah, now i have an excuse to go scan in my pics at my brother's work, since i hear theres a hot girl who'se gonna work there now.

hehehehehe.

*scheming*

09 September 2005
you're going down brother

09 September 2005
hehe, i will send u to the graveyard, broedertjie.

well, ive realised that i have no idea, neither the skill to do something spectacular.

so, new plan, im gonna make it SO unspectacular that it is spectacular! muhahahahahahaha.

09 September 2005
finally have an idea. dont know if it will work. well, i dont know if I will be able to make it work. im sure a lot of others here will. but they know what they are doing. im just along for the ride, and here to make everyone else feel better about themselves, after they see my work, and i like to write long sentences.

09 September 2005
Talking

Mordalles,

Good luck to you!!! Let me know if NOOB becomes too much trouble, and I will duly SPAM his thread!!!

Cheers!

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

09 September 2005
hehe, this page has now become holy ground since rebecca posted here! i am so honoured!

yay!

yeah, somebody should keep NOOB in line. hehe.

09 September 2005
welcome man. nice to see you back again. i'll try and keep up.

cheers

09 September 2005
hmm, been thinking off important stuff, and here is a concept, although, im probably not the right guy to pull it off. hehe.

Concept:

The world becomes spectacular when the imagination of a child surges forth and touches the ordinary.

we see mountains, they see dragons, they see eyes peering out from the dark shadows cast by tall robot like buildings with a see of horses swimming in the sky where clouds should be, they see heroes and villains and damsels and dreams, they believe in fairies and tales, in their eyes the world is spectacular.

so, how am i suppose to this. i have no idea. i was thinking of actually zooming in on the eyes of a child, who has an expression of wonder, as he/she looks at the city below, and everything in, over and behind the city. and in his eyes we see the reflection of what he/she sees, and not what we would have seen.

could this work. probably. with my skill. nope. but im gonna do it anyway, unless i get a better idea. who knows.
maybe ill experience something spectacular before i start drawing. like make a friend. hehe.
im tired of talking to the wall. he seems rather cold. and he keeps staring at me.

mordy, out.

1st question, does both eyes reflect exactly the same?

09 September 2005
wow! i yust read your concept!! thats a tough one!! its so easy to imagine but so hard to draw...awww dont worry i know u can do it!the idea is great!

oh...shame on me i didnt even wellcome you...
Goood luuuuck on the challenge, Mordalles!! cheers!!

09 September 2005
Good luck mate

Thread Closed share thread