Spectacular 3D Entry: Matthew Mobley

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
Spectacular 3D Entry: Matthew Mobley

Matthew Mobley is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Fate of the Blind

3 months = an Eon?

09 September 2005
Hey, hey, well look who's here... glad to see you Matthew, have fun on this

09 September 2005
Concept Sketch: When ice cream goes bad

Never mix vanilla and orange ice cream! NEVER! Actually, it's a very detailed picture of the Yellowstone super volocano going off and the poor stupid person who didn't believe it. The little camera behind the car and person is where I'd actually like the camera placed.

3 months = an Eon?

09 September 2005
Hah, i was wondering if anyone was going to do this one! My geography teacher would flip out if he saw this...good pick!

09 September 2005
Well, it was the first thing I thought of, but I was trying to hold out for a better idea. Unfortunately, my brain's kind of on autopilot right now, so I'll go for it. I was also thinking about doing a sort of triptych kind of thing showing the eruption, ash fallout and subsequent ice age.

3 months = an Eon?

09 September 2005
Alrighty. As the idea has had time to sink in, I've made a change to it. Basically the same idea, but I think the setting needs to be changed. It will actually be in a suburban neighborhood with the man standing in the street staring at the oncoming eruption as his young daughter frantically pulls on his arm trying to get him to run. I think it's a bit more tense that way.

3 months = an Eon?

09 September 2005
Between the typical life stress and everything I haven't had a lot of time or ambition to use for this challenge. Luckily, I've sprained my ankle and need to stay off it for a while, so that should give me plenty of spare time. Hopefully I'll have some stuff up soon.

3 months = an Eon?

09 September 2005
Modeling: houses

After a while of researching houses (and learning how to model them) I've finally gotten some stuff to post. I've had a serious lack of motivation lately. Hopefully that'll change soon.

3 months = an Eon?

09 September 2005
Modeling: house2

It's tedious, but that drill tool is a real time saver.

3 months = an Eon?

09 September 2005
Hey Matt......... great minds think alike...! Am looking forward to comparing notes on how to create the most spectacular volcano effects. Have been out of action for a while but hope to get back in the swing next week and progress my modeling. Have fun my friend.

www.take27.co.uk

09 September 2005
I have no idea how you're gonna pull this off, but good luck to ya anyways! Houses look keen so far too!

09 September 2005
Heh. To be honest, until today I wasn't sure either. Boredom breeds creativity, I guess. I'm using lightwave, so I decided to render the hypervoxels for the eruption seperately then composite it in later to "save time." The rendering for the effect has been running all day and is getting relatively close to being done. Got my fingers crossed that it'll actually work the first time. (Riiiiiight.)

3 months = an Eon?

09 September 2005
damn those vox

if you can render hypervoxes you can render anything

09 September 2005
Rendering: Eruption

Going a bit out of order, but I wanted to get this one out of the way so I can make sure the idea would work. 16 hours and 32 seconds of rendering, but I'm happy with the result. For now anyway. We'll see how I feel about it later. I think once it's in where it's supposed to be, it'll be either a lot more impressive or like a big glowing pile of ... stuff.

3 months = an Eon?

09 September 2005
Rendering: Close-Up

Thought I'd post a close-up of part of the eruption. Still not full size, but I think it's kind of cool.

3 months = an Eon?

Thread Closed share thread