Spectacular 2D Entry: Martin Bland

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
Spectacular 2D Entry: Martin Bland

Martin Bland is entered in the "Spectacular Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: r i s e

09 September 2005
Concept Sketch: r i s e

My first challenge, good excuse and kick up rear to get going on a high detail image, a sketch that i've been meaning to expand upon for a long time. I'll expand upon the concept and idea behind it more as i go on, but the general feel is one of 'it's never too late to realise a different path', that moment of realisation about your life and actions, plus i wanted to do a full battlescene without reference :). This is just a really rough sketch, going to even it out, add more of a vast feeling and generally push myself

09 September 2005
Sweeeet start m8!

Wishing you the best of luck!

09 September 2005
Interesting sketch... i like the light across the central character. And a battle scene could be incredibly spectacular. ARe you still planning on 'no reference?

Good luck!

09 September 2005
wow I like the idea. The lighting looks great so far. Good luck with the challenge, nice to see so many people entering so quickly

09 September 2005
yep.looking nice!!

09 September 2005
Hot dang, you move fast! Great start!

09 September 2005
How fast! nice colours so far. Good luck!

09 September 2005
wow!!great sketch! wellcome to the challenge!!good luck!

09 September 2005
cheers mdears , mr duddle, tips hat, yep, i can pull off a reasonably ok face and stiff pose but getting life into my figures is something i need to work on, figured, do hundreds of em, in at the deep end, plus i reckon it'll look better if i don't start using odd face refs, keep it uniform and make it look like it was illustrated rather than super realistic, i will be consulting mirror for hands, i suck at hands

09 September 2005
wow! spyroteknik, I know it's very early days yet for everybody's sketches and far too early to judge but yours definitely stood out as having the most depth of feeling to it imo. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Our graduation film

Our website

09 September 2005
amazing sketch. have fun and best luck!

09 September 2005
Really nice first run!!! Amazing sketch... keep the good work!

09 September 2005
Looking smashing Martin. I think you were just about the first to get a piccy up! Might I suggest pulling the composition up a little, so we see even more sky...?

09 September 2005
i like the illumination around the central character very much i would suggest looking at some references, it really helps getting the details right and also show more of the background if possible.

Thread Closed share thread