Our Portrait, Morgan Ralston (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
Our Portrait, Morgan Ralston (2D)

Title: Our Portrait
Name: Morgan Ralston
Software: Photoshop

Hi, this is my first finished post on CGTalk. I drew this in Photoshop completely with a mouse and using only the basic tools. I wanted to give it as close a charcoal feel as possible. This is really the first time I've used the computer to do my artwork. Hand drawn or painted all the way! Since I was 3!.... I need a tablet :(

09 September 2005
It does not look like charcoal, you could not create such gradients of gray with a charcoal.

09 September 2005
very nice one ...

tablet is a must for U :]
waitin to see some more

09 September 2005
Question

Actually, Dioxide, here is a piece I did with charcoal....

This piece was done completely in charcoal, 20"/26". Bare in mind this is a poor photo I quickly snapped off of a commissioned piece. As you can see the tones match my CG posted work, exactly... If you are having trouble creating gradiants of grey with charcoal, maybe you should look for a tutorial... I'm sure there is one floating around CG.... Somewhere...

Thanks mchmielewski, and you're absolutely right. I do need a tablet, Unfortunatly I keep spending my money on DVD's and...... Student LOANS!!!

Last edited by MorganRalston : 09 September 2005 at 03:09 PM.

09 September 2005
Morgan congratulations, this turned out really nice. Give up the DVD's and get the tablet you won't regret it. Once again great job.

09 September 2005
Smile Thanks

Thank you, Euphrosyne, for all of your encouraging comments Throughout my WIP process.

Everyone here on CG and at home have been really great!

Again, Euphrosyne, the next piece will be coloured.

09 September 2005
WOW...You are gifted ! there is no way on this world i could do something like that with a mouse !...

10 October 2005
Incredible work, especially since (but not because) it was done using a mouse. I'm really liking this piece, I'm hoping to see your next one! And yes, buy a tablet, even a cheap graphire will be a huge improvement even if you'll feel a bit uncomfortable at first.

Your charcoal drawing is also amazing, I've always loved charcoal, but I haven't used it much since it gets my hands dirty

10 October 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread