Orleans? Turbosquid may be down

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2005
Orleans? Turbosquid may be down

Check with Turbo Squid if you are selling models with them because they be effected by the disaster.

08 August 2005
Please do not post threads that are not news in the CG News forum. I am moving this to General Discussions.

08 August 2005
It is news. I do work for them. Some people on this forum get supplemental income from them. However I will wait until they post a official statement on this forum.

08 August 2005
According to these two threads:

http://www.turbosquid.com/Forum/Ind...tThreadID/18066

http://www.turbosquid.com/Forum/Ind...tThreadID/18084

They're putting themselves back together and all should continue as normal with some small delays.

- Noel

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by garycrump: It is news.

The CG News forum is for press releases and official news items only.

08 August 2005
Thanks Nomi for posting the links. I was gonna post them but you beat me to it. I just want to share information which I thought was news to some CG people. Especially since people derive some of their livelyhood from it. Thought a disaster of this magnitude would have made some exceptions to the rule. My mistake Leigh.

Last edited by garycrump : 08 August 2005 at 09:43 PM.

08 August 2005
Yeah, forget about the flooded city, the thousands of people with no food or homes but by golly check turbosquid.

what kinda thread is this?

08 August 2005
TS has employees their so I am concern about them as well. Some people do business with them. The thread was to see if they are OK. Check the links they are saying they are Ok and I am using any of my sales to donate to the relief effort. I hope others do as well.
See Links people on their forums are talking donations.
Don't think the worst of people and jump to conclusions.

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by SNoWs: Yeah, forget about the flooded city, the thousands of people with no food or homes but by golly check turbosquid.

what kinda thread is this?
Quoted for agreement. Even if it wasn't intended that way.

- Benjamin

08 August 2005
Hurricanes are horrible.

08 August 2005
Yeah I grew up in Florida. But these Hurricanes are coming too quickly now. People need to listen to the scientist Global Warming is for real.

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by garycrump: Yeah I grew up in Florida. But these Hurricanes are coming too quickly now. People need to listen to the scientist Global Warming is for real.

Sure, but if you notice, summers may be getting a lot hotter, but winters are getting a hell of a lot colder too. Methinks something may be wrong with the axis too....

09 September 2005
Hurricanes are storms intended by nature to fix the climate. The upper and lower atmospheres are skewed atm, so storms will be getting worse like this for awhile. It is approximated to last around 15-20 more years, with each consecutive year worse then the last. This started 5-10 years ago, so it is possible we might even see a hurricane much worse and disastruous then this in 5-10 years.(I know such thoughts are awful, but it is the truth)

Your probably also wondering why with such knowledge, they do nothing about it. The government pays various research agencies to research the problem, not to do something about it(which is in politicians hands). Doing something about the problem costs politicians money, and there is no profit to be gained, so planning or trying to find ways to fix such issues is little priority to them.

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by Valkyrien: Sure, but if you notice, summers may be getting a lot hotter, but winters are getting a hell of a lot colder too. Methinks something may be wrong with the axis too....

Well if you keep pumping oil out of the ground it may be possible to shift sendimentary rock plates underground which could help throw off the axis a few micro degrees.

09 September 2005
Quote: Well if you keep pumping oil out of the ground it may be possible to shift sendimentary rock plates underground which could help throw off the axis a few micro degrees.

Actually the axis,rotation, and revolution of our planet is determined by Gravity(in relation to other things in space) and magnetism. Gravity would be determined by the planet's overall mass(land and atmosphere combined)in relation to other planets/moons/stars/objects in space and pumping oil would not effect magnetism. However, at least your thinking about possible reasons, whether biased or based purely off rationale, which is a lot more then most people. So gratz to you.

Thread Closed share thread