bodypaint to maya exchange problems

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2005
bodypaint to maya exchange problems

Hi all I have a copy of bodypaint 2.5 and maya 6.5. I have had bodypaint before maya, and have no idea how to get the exchange plugin to work. I have in the past used it successfully with both lightwave and xsi. But after downloading the newest installer for maya 6.5 when running the exe file to install I get a bunch of errors..

I initially though well it is looking for the scripts and plugins and since maya came after bp they are not there. So I put the plugins and scripts I had into the appropriate locations, but thesewere for version 5 maya. So I knew they would not work.

Now part of the problem might be my systems partitioning system. I have several partitions on this machine the c partition is only for the operating system. It has very little available space and installing applications is not an option. I have all my applications installed on a seperate partition and all the files on yet another.

Thanks for your help,

James

08 August 2005
how comes you already have 2.5? it's not even out yet

08 August 2005
Sorry.. getting all my versions mixed up now. I in fact have version 2 of bodypaint.

So could anyone offer any advice here? I have been told in the past that this is the place to ask bodypaint questions, although I feel like I am invading a bit. I am able to do the whole obj thing, but would really like the smooth exchange like I had in other apps.

08 August 2005
I'd move objects via .obj if the plugins aren't working. (That's what I do most of the time.) You can also try FBX export/import but I'm not sure what will happen.

-K

08 August 2005
Well the problem is not the plugins working it is installing them... havent gotten so far as to them not working. Is there a way to simply download the scripts without the installer? Anyone have any ideas?

08 August 2005
The Installer will only realy install the Body Paint side of the plugin, just make sure to point the installer to the folder with the BodyPaint/CINEMA executable.
After the installer is finished you can find the Maya Side of the plugin in the folder \Exchange_plugins. You will need to copy the Maya plugins in the folders specified.
Make sure to remove older plugins first.
Hope this helps
Björn

08 August 2005
Thanks for the advice, will give it another shot. I was installing it to a sub-folder so that is probably it.

James

08 August 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread