Hold my hand through Saslite

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2002
Hold my hand through Saslite

I've never used saslite before and actually have no idea how to even get started with it.

Anyone feel like walking me through putting hair on some polygons?

Thanks, I love this forum.

- Once, I took the frayed end of a network cable and made a tarantula sculpture out of it. Then it attacked a toy frog on my desk. Since then I've quit making animals out of hardware....

02 February 2002
I think that you problem is that you are not adding the pixel filter (Scene effects).

Just play aroud with the settings, It's very easy to use but without the pixel filter you can't see the effect

02 February 2002
heheh, naw see, I dont even know how to get to that point, more than that, where do you even access the saslite settings?

- Once, I took the frayed end of a network cable and made a tarantula sculpture out of it. Then it attacked a toy frog on my desk. Since then I've quit making animals out of hardware....

02 February 2002
Ok, no prob
Just load an object into layout.
select the object and press p (item properties), go to the deformations tab and add the saslite plug under add displacement.

To acces the settings just doble click over saslite

Then go to Scene>Image process>add pixel filter and add Saslite

render that, you should get some fur, and the you can play around with the settings

02 February 2002
tha manual has a big section on saslite that will get you going no problem. I suggest you read it, that is if you have the manuals...

Mike

02 February 2002
Quote: Originally posted by yahll
Ok, no prob
Just load an object into layout.
select the object and press p (item properties), go to the deformations tab and add the saslite plug under add displacement.

To acces the settings just doble click over saslite

Then go to Scene>Image process>add pixel filter and add Saslite

render that, you should get some fur, and the you can play around with the settings

Aw cool man thanks alot. I hope to be able to post some of my work soon. I've been modeling for about 6 months and I'm getting to where its not embarassing anymore. Heh heh. Any way, I'm off to give this a shot. Thanks again. You guys rule.

02 February 2002
In Image Editor (processing tab) the add filter pulldown is inactive, any ideas why that is?

02 February 2002
Never mind that last one, I loaded an image in the above tab and was able to add the saslite plug..... still workin on it....

02 February 2002
bahgh! Still no fur. I loaded the saslite plugin but the other one isn't in the list. I reloaded all my plugs but still no joy.... I must be missing something....

02 February 2002
That's weird:( I don't know what's going on

02 February 2002
You're way off. Try using the "image process" tab to add the saslite pixel filter plugin. Not the "Image Editor".

Download the pdf manual from the newtek ftp site, it's free.

ftp.newtek.com/pub/Patches/LightWave_Support/lw65b

02 February 2002
Lets back track:

-Load object
-Object props>deformations>add displacement saslite (checked default settings)
-Scene>image editor>.........NO, IM RETARDED! Image processing not editor.......

*the retard dives back in....*

02 February 2002
WOO HOO! Got it. Awesome. Thanks guys. Hah hah my charachter looks like animal from the muppets, guess I got some adjusting to do eh? Sweeter 'n sweet. Thanks again guys. I'll try to post it tonight, I'll be sure to give ya credit for it too!

02 February 2002
OH MAN! Yeah I got fur on my simple test object, but when I go to render my good model my comp tells me that my object has too many points for the "lite" version to handle. Tells me I should buy sasquatch full..... its like $400 huh? I think not....

I'll get around it one way or another.

Thread Closed share thread