RealFlow section ?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2005
RealFlow section ?

As RF is gaining in popularity..probably due to the freebie !! I wondered why a RF sub forum has not been set up yet

I know NL have a forum ( very stagnant) then again so do most app houses but we stiil have forums for the likes of Maya, LW etc

Is RF just too rssource hungrey and slow to be of any interest except for those with farms of crays ? ( ohh do crays still exsist !!)

08 August 2005
it would be cool,if they had a realflow section on here. i am using the evaluation version and its great.

08 August 2005
I am whiling away a few years trying to settle a fluid of 70000 particles. I am no programmer but i am sure that it would not be too difficlut to let the fluid settlle to say the shape of a bowl then have some way of detecting the position of the particles and then autommatically adjust their positions to give a uniform distribution.. i would have thought a few mins/secs to do

I mean if the program could read in the basic shape of the fluid whilst it is in a bowl, then work out the positions of all the particles that are in contact with the bowl it should be fairly straight forward to calculate the needed positions of all the intervening particles to give it a totally uniform, no sploshing configuration

08 August 2005
i ordered the digital tutors realflow dvd and one of the tuts they go over pouring fluids in a cup. you can check out the dvd on digital-tutors.com
i hope it will have what you are looking for. also did you check out to see if any tutorials on nextlimits site help with what you are trying to achieve. also you can check out some of the videos on there gallery section.

if you dont mind me asking whats a cray

08 August 2005
i bought the DT vids..very good as an intoduction.but that is all a basic introduction. though the water drop tutorial is very good

a cray is (was) a supercomputer

08 August 2005
Is the REALFLOW that you guys are talking about the 3D MAX version ? if it is ..the thread that you are requesting should start in the 3d max resources forum .. you guys might want to start posting there to create the thread that you want

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by sadghost: Is the REALFLOW that you guys are talking about the 3D MAX version ? if it is ..the thread that you are requesting should start in the 3d max resources forum .. you guys might want to start posting there to create the thread that you want

Realflow is a stand-alone app, there are plugins to connect to it max, maya, C4d etc...

08 August 2005
I'd love to see a RealFlow section myself. Has anyone posted anything about it in the support forum? With such a range of apps it can work with, I think the community base is there for the forum to be warranted, and it could grow at a pretty steady clip as well.

YouTube Channel
Char Maya Character Rig

08 August 2005
Here is the result of todays tinkering rendered in cinema4d

http://www.black-and-white-to-color...uff/rfdrop3.mov 2.8 MB QT

08 August 2005
Unhappy

Yeah it would be pretty sweat to have a real flow section then at least that way i could find out how to get waves i made in to lW 8 ahh.

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by paulselhi: Here is the result of todays tinkering rendered in cinema4d

http://www.black-and-white-to-color...uff/rfdrop3.mov 2.8 MB QT

Hey, that's pretty nice. Did you know that RealFlow/Next Limit is looking for tutorials on specific fluid situations, and the single drop effect is one of them? You should write this up and submit it. I think they have prizes for the tutorials they select.

YouTube Channel
Char Maya Character Rig

08 August 2005
er..well.. i simply followed a digital tutors tutorial and did some tinkering !!!

08 August 2005
i posted a really interesting article i found on vfx.com. its about fluid simulations. its in the discussions area

08 August 2005
i agree to open the forum section for realFlow, i think it's a cool sofware to do liquid, it's very intelligent in simulation.

08 August 2005
Cool Lets do this!

Just thought I would add my support for a RealFlow section - I have a full license & about 4 days experience now. NL's user forum is just not active enough for my style, & some of the sample scene files do not work (in max7) - so there is our first task.

-Shea

Thread Closed share thread