Joker

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2005
Joker

new project

how can I optimise this model?
any other c+c

08 August 2005
real nice model, real clean to

it's pretty optimized as it is, but ofcourse if you really want to bring the polycount down a little i suggest you take some out of the lips and teeth, maybe a few from the forehead.
i could make a paint-ver but looking at the model i think you're expereidnced enough to see them yourself

Btw, will you texture it aswell ?
if so, what version of the joker will you do ? the old one or the new one ( new one is more human i think ).

08 August 2005
My favorite incarnation of the Joker is from the Arkham Asylum graphic novel. Texture wise I am aiming fo something between that and a sort of Bisley styling but we'll see.

08 August 2005
hey, as a huge comic dork, i can't wait to see this finished!
but, i also see a few things that you might want to work on...

i think that his hairline should be pushed further back
his chin is usually bigger, but in some comics it's not too big...
the back of his head seems a little too big...
check out this picture @ the link below

http://www.davidpayneonline.com/head1joker.jpg

looking good!

Last edited by dpizzle : 08 August 2005 at 09:33 PM.

08 August 2005
look pretty good so far. by looking at the concepts and the way the lights hitting, it looks like the chin might be poping out alittle bit, try bringing it forward and see how that looks.
otherwise. good start.

08 August 2005
i've pushed and pulled that chin around for hours. I was worried it was too extreme longer but here it is. It could go longer to match the dave Mckean illustrations but somehow it just looks off in 3d.

dpizzle: Thanks for the visual aid

08 August 2005
Looking great mate, good to see u back in your element!

08 August 2005
update : what do you think? Currently at 2300 tris. I expect to finish a bit under 3500. I think I need to add a cut or two around the armpit and crotch. I was going to model him in a trench coat but I decided this would be more charaterful. On to the hands . . .

08 August 2005
wow i am absolutely in love with this. any chance of a wireframe of the body? be easier to crit it that way , but for right now, nothing wrong with it, the expression on the face is fantastic

08 August 2005
Hand and wires
- I'll post a better quality wire tomorrow when I finshed tidying up what I can see is obviously wrong. Gonna do a rig test before I go any further. Also got to decide whether I want to do any facial morph stuff (which I haven't done before) - probably not the best model with that fixed grin I guess.

08 August 2005
this looks awesome!

08 August 2005
Tight model, very stylish besides the lips and eyes i dont think the head needs much optimization...personally i think it's fine the way it is. Cant wait to see it textured. How many polys so far?

08 August 2005
The face and the clothes resembles the Batman animated shows Joker, very good, but i just think the hair should have been made a little diffrent. What about having hold a trick gun in his hand.

08 August 2005
Talking

i agree with komoo i think you should spend a few more polys on the hair and give it that wild look that you see in the concepts.

08 August 2005
yeah, I agree about the hair. I Haven't had much success texturing hair in the past so I guess I was being a bit conservative. I'll work on a more wild style. Does anyone know a good hair texturing tutorial I could look at?

Thread Closed share thread