Long Render Times

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2005   #1
Long Render Times

I am doing a project for a book publisher and did a trial time yesterday only to find out that Vue's render speed is totally unacceptable. I started the rendering at 9:30 p.m. on 8-10-2005 and it was only 15% done the next day at 7:00 a.m. Granted it is a very large rendering, a full spread of 17.0" X 11" at 300 dpi. The preset used was "Superior". Remember this is going in a Text book and must look top notch. My question is how can I speed this time up and not loose quality? Being only 15% done Vue estimated another 60 HOURS to finish it. That's way to long! I am running it on a dual 2.7 gig G5 with 2.5 gigs of ram. I need help fast. If you can just give me the settings to speed this up that would be great. I don't have the time to e-mail back and fourth. I do have access to another G5 machine with the same spec's, would the render cow help or can that only be used for animation?Thanks........

Old 08 August 2005   #2
Unfortunately, I don't have any real answers for you, but I DO have to
wonder about having it set to Superior, since when it actually will get printed,
I dought anyone would ever even notice the difference between that
and Broadcast at the same rez of 300.
And I'm being serious here too.
What I mean is, it'll end up being shrunk down when it's printed.
And I dought anyone is really going to see the difference in any details once printed.

.........md

Old 08 August 2005   #3
It really won't be shrunk down by much. There's only a.250" bleed around it. Does broadcast also anti alias the textures?

Old 08 August 2005   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread