Chattering in final renders

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2005   #1
Chattering in final renders

I've recently spent a lot of time pulling scenes apart to figure out what the largest causes are for a chattering effect to show up in final renders.

I've come to the conclusion that it can be a multitude of different things, with some being more noticeable than others.

SO, I'd like to post my findings and discuss...here's a small list of what I've found so far that can contribute to chattering...Sorry if this is a reposted topic...I can't even read right now to do a search, so if yall don't mind I'm just gonna fill the board up with a single redundant topic.

Busy HDRI images in reflection channels.

Large Black Domes that were used for transparency raytracing being reflected onto tiny objects a large distance always. This was the most noticeable issue.

Very small procedural textures are an extreme no no! ...

A small Area light far away from objects with a shadow quality of 4 or lower can also contribute to chattering.

Higher AA levels set in bump channels

And, lastly, sometimes higher global AA settings will dampen the problem.

I know I missed a few things because my scenes may be limited, so I was hoping others could add to the list.

disclaimer: I see words...and they're kinda made into sentences and stuff...but my brain does whack when I've been up all night...so if it doesn't make sense, come back tomorrow.

Last edited by Jarrede : 08 August 2005 at 05:31 PM.

Old 08 August 2005   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread