Slauhterhouse Martyr

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2005
Slauhterhouse Martyr

Heres the final render

Hi,

I have been working on this scene for about 3 weeks now.

I'm jusy looking for some good crits on lighting mostly.

Heres the story,

There are two brothers. One is Todd a trouble maker and the other Sam a devoted Christian. Sam is always trying to help his bother stay out of trouble, which is by trying to convert him to Christianity, by saying things like you are going to hell if you don't accept Jesus in to his heart! etc etc. Todd just doesn't give a crap about life, this made Sam very mad. So one night Sam has this dream about God speaking to him, saying to stop his bother Todd at all cost.

But Todd has a split personality, which kills Sam in his sleep, to covert his other personality to Christianity, by setting up a scene which is Christ like in nature, so that he would make himself fear the Lord. To realize its Sam upon discovery.

Anyways here is the scene so far. The flashlight is what Todd is holding, I have not modeled him yet, but will be soon. I just need to work more on lighting and textureing.

Oh by the way this is for a challenge over at Simplymaya.com

Any c&c would be great!

Last edited by Vedic-kings : 02 February 2006 at 10:31 PM.

08 August 2005
Looks awesome man! Great work on the concept and nice work on the texturing. I can't wait to see the final image. btw, what is Todd going to look like? Good luck

www.gary-smith.us

08 August 2005
Thanks for your reply Necksmasher

Well I'm think about a punk look for Todd

Here are some renders of the earlier wip

08 August 2005
Thumbs up Awesome!

Wow that's SIK! I love the grain effects to the room. It gives a really dark feel...it reminds me of Silent Hill or something. The bloody bathroom looks great, that part reminds me of the bloody bathroom scene in Scarface (or was that some other movie....I forget everything). Keep up the great work

www.gary-smith.us

08 August 2005
hellraiser/silenthill/passionofthechrist lol good stuff

08 August 2005
Damn this is some creepy shit! Nice.

08 August 2005
great scene man ! were can i give you some stars !?

08 August 2005
Hey thanks guys!

Necksmasher, Yeah the grain effects does add to the scene. I love the silent hill series, but 4 was not as good, I think 2 is the best of the series so far I check your site out, nice stuff, the scene with the table is really good!

qwed88, you named it

Bartosz, thats the idea, i'm trying to make it as creepy as possible

Wow, stars!! never had any stars before! Well to post stars is in the Additonal Options below where you type your messang, which is on the bottom under "Rate Thread"

I will have more updates later today

08 August 2005
Thumbs up Great!

Great work Vedic! (lol I'm subscribed to this thread ) It is coming along really nicely. How did you add the grain effects? In Photoshop? (or is it some filter stuff in Maya....I use 3dsmax though). Looks pretty cool. Yeah I got all the Silent Hill games in the series. SH4 was sort of disappointing. SH2 was also my favorite. I just loved the levels (I think the scariest level in the series is Brookhaven Hospital in the SH3 version). Keep up the great work man!

www.gary-smith.us

08 August 2005
Necksmasher, yeah the silent hill series rocks!!

The grain effects is done in photoshop under filter > noise > add noise.

08 August 2005
dude great images.... do you have trouble sleeping of a night

S.

08 August 2005
Uhmmm... You're quite sick. Which is always a good thing

Keep up the good work

08 August 2005
Thanks guys, no I don't have trouble sleeping at night

08 August 2005
HAHA yeah I like it. It kinda has the atmosphere of "7".
I wonder how this will come out. How about some blood on the blankets and the room filled with "essence trees" ( dunno the name of it .. but u know, this stuff u hang into ure car ).
Actually it looks kinda too fresh for me. The guts should hang out a lil more .. and there should be some guts on the bed too. and make the blood darker. I think it kinda adds to the atmosphere when this fellah hangs there around for weeks. Dont forget the flies.

Thread Closed share thread