R9.5 review

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2005
R9.5 review

Review by Mike Batchelor, aka Slouchcorp.
http://www.c4dportal.com/portal/for...hread.php?t=245
It includes images and videos.

If you come across any dead links, please let me know.

Regards,
Telnoi.

08 August 2005
Looks good, do we know if this is a free update or paid?

Jon

08 August 2005
See below

Last edited by c4dportal : 08 August 2005 at 06:55 PM.

08 August 2005
It's a free upgrade if you've purchased R9.x after 1st July, otherwise it's paid.

08 August 2005
Well, I am glad I waited to purchase, was thinking about buying C4D again, was just waiting for Siggraph, will wait until it is released and get it then.

Jon

08 August 2005
Thanks , cool review!

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by Bob3D: It's a free upgrade if you've purchased R9.x after 1st July, otherwise it's paid.

SWEET. I bought mine mid July.

08 August 2005
looks like they decided to continue the x.5 PAID upgrade path and screw us once again. So, if I don't pay for it now, I'll pay for it when R10 rolls out ...

this sucks

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by fretshredder: looks like they decided to continue the x.5 PAID upgrade path and screw us once again. So, if I don't pay for it now, I'll pay for it when R10 rolls out ... this sucks

Yeah, hard to believe they still have to pay their bills and feed their families.

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by AdamT: Yeah, hard to believe they still have to pay their bills and feed their families.

So do I . So, one point release then time to fork out more dough, just thought I'd get more bang for my (many) bucks

08 August 2005
Let's first see how much the upgrade prices are. Per module (basic, AR, Mocca and BP), or bundled.
Perhaps you don't need them all. That's why they are modules, no?

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by fretshredder: So do I . So, one point release then time to fork out more dough, just thought I'd get more bang for my (many) bucks

Hopefully the new features will more than pay for themselves. Otherwise ... wait!

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by fretshredder: looks like they decided to continue the x.5 PAID upgrade path and screw us once again. So, if I don't pay for it now, I'll pay for it when R10 rolls out ...

this sucks

What do you mean 'again'? 9.1 was a free upgrade.

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by fretshredder: looks like they decided to continue the x.5 PAID upgrade path and screw us once again. So, if I don't pay for it now, I'll pay for it when R10 rolls out ...

this sucks

Or, if R9 suits you just fine, then just keep on using it.

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by Erik Heyninck: Let's first see how much the upgrade prices are. Per module (basic, AR, Mocca and BP), or bundled.
Perhaps you don't need them all. That's why they are modules, no?

Good point. But, I have the Studio Bundle, so unless I want to forfeit the benefit of the bundle when it comes time for R10, I'll have to pay either way which, to be honest, doesn't exactly motivate me to keep current when the likes of XSI are competing like hell with their prices etc.

I'll, of course, wait to see what the actual damage will be before making any decisions, but only one point release before another paid upgrade is NOT cool.

Thread Closed share thread