it is last news from newtek i hopr im not to late
LightWave v8.5 Release
July 25, 2005
NewTek is pleased to announce the upcoming release of version 8.5, the fifth free update for LightWave . This new update will include the following enhancements:
- New OpenGL Hardware shader option using the hardware renderer in OpenGL video cards to display many of the render functions in real-time. Lights, light falloffs, blending images on surfaces, per-pixel lighting will all be available in real-time, with an option to turn this feature on and off.
- New Parts-to-Surfaces tool allows for easier integration of 3D objects created in other applications.
- New Multi Shift allows the user to do multiple shifts in a single edit with a history profile that can be saved and applied to other meshes."
- Dynamics now launch a control window that allows you to switch to other applications while calculating dynamics in LightWave.
- Particle dynamics have been improved for accuracy, including interaction with collision planes. A new algorithm also allows large dynamic scenes to load up to 10x faster.
- 104 new configurable keyboard shortcut options.