Ok I have picked the winners
based on a POPULAR vote
WANNA JOIN THE NEXT 2 Minute film Club?
Click the thread below!:
2-MINUTE FILM CLUB!_Challenge 3: "My City"
Lets see the current winners
Best Overall Entry
AND THE winner is...!
Best Overall ENTRY! and a sweep for all cathegories:
Animation: http://stephenbodin.com/2minutefilmclub-stepingtonSMALL.mov (15 fps Quiktime/sorenson small )
Comment: This is a definately a strange one. But more importantly it was a lot of fun.
LECAGY ENTRY BELOW:
Looking for a team?
Click 2MN FC: THE Fight SIGNUP LIST: Post here those who are looking for partners/teams
2-MINUTE FILM CLUB! "The fight"
And thanks to Sam Chen for his great ideas....
Create a short micro movie inspired by the published topic.
The finished short can be LIVE ACTION, LIVE ACTION WITH VFX or ANIMATED. But you only have ONE MONTH to finish the piece. The projects can be done by an individual but team entries are encouraged.
The key of the challenge, for all entry types, is to do an simply do a short. This means that the final piece will be evaluated mostly on the principles of story telling. My advice, keep it simple and work as part of a team.
Rules for the different types of entries:
ANIMATED (Difficulty Level HIGH)
- Pre made models can be used.
- The story and animation must be done after the topic has been selected.
- Extensive WIP posts are required as evidence that the work has been done after the topic selected.
- More emphasis on composite work and Visual effects
- The VFX must complement the storyline
LIVE ACTION: (Difficulty Level MEDIUM)
- More emphasis on editing, lighting and cinematography.
- The scenes in the entry require good flow and good camera work
HYBRID ENTRY: (Difficulty Level VERY HIGH)
- It combines the required of both the LIVE ACTION and the VFX entry.
for these categories:
- Best Cinematography
- Best Storyline
- Best Editing
- Best Visual Effects
- Best Overall Entry
designed by me.
DATELINE: Monday August 31th 12:00 PM
YOU HAVE One month to do the challenge.
The winner will be picked by an open vote and special winner will be picked by the moderators...
CHALLENGE SPECIFIC RULES:
- No work taken DIRECTLY from an existing tutorial. You may use an existing tutorial only for reference.
- You may use a pre exiting models and filmed footage, as long as you have the rights to use them.
- Dont breat any local laws or ordinaces to film in your neighborhood. Go to this thread for more information on how to apply for permission to film locally.
FILM PERMITS: Post contact info of your local Film Commission
- If you create models for this challenge or have any visual effecs but you need to post development images on your WIP thread.
- You need to post a storyboard (even a crude one) and a shot list, BEFORE you film anything.
- And Remember the key of the challenge if for you guys to brush up on your filmaking skills.
- The lenght of the mini movie should NOT be longer than 2 minutes, but shorter entries are acceptable
- Work on the mini film, and animation (if any) must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
- WIP are encouraged if they are posted in ANOTHER thread. Please provide a link to them on this thread.
- WIP thread should be posted on the Cinematography, Editing and Directing forum and should follow
the following naming convention:
2-MINUTE FILM CLUB!THE FIGHT:NAME OR TEAM NAME (LIVE ACTION WITH VFX, LIVE ACTION or ANIMATED)
(Note: Group entries are allowed)
- It is Recommended that Final movies should be rendered at 320 x 240 or 640 x 480 in Quicktime* format (Sorenson Compression), but other resolutions and formats are allowed. * The animation format is open for discussion.
- The animation should follow the following naming convention:
MYNAME_2-MINUTE FILM CLUB!(RESOLUTION).mov.
- Add the following tile card at the beginning and end of the animation:
2-MINUTE FILM CLUB! THE FIGHT
MY NAME (Individual or team)
(LIVE ACTION WITH VFX, LIVE ACTION or ANIMATED)
, and if you can, also add a small non disruptive watermark during the animation.
- If for some reason, you can't host movies, sequential images (Thumbnails size 160 x 120 ) are accepted.
- Please add a brief text description about your piece.
- The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used.
- Collaborative pieces are accepted and encouraged, but Teams entries must have a identifying banner and a name. Shot lists should be included with the entry.
- Individuals participating in a team CAN have their own individual entries.
- The topics will be picked at random from the list on
this >>thread << (The author will be given credit). So
guys keep them coming.
- Post on this thread your link to your WIP thread and your FINAL piece.
- You can add multiple entries, as long as they have different WIP threads.
- Only participants who follow the rules and submit a final entry will be eligible for the voting process.
- Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
- And please PLEAAASE NO PORN.