V for Vendetta trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2005
V for Vendetta trailer

Watch it here

I like what I see so far, although I expected it to be slightly more dark.

07 July 2005
looks pretty good! 1984 meets Matrix meets Metropolis.

07 July 2005
pretty decent material, though it looks, unfortunately, rather uninspired - a bland adapation of the comic, which isn't all that outstanding by itself. Alan moore is great - but I have always felt V has been one of Moore's weaker works.

"This is the voice of fate ..."

07 July 2005
Quote: but I have always felt V has been one of Moore's weaker works.

maybe so in retrospective but I consider that to be one of his seminal works..

Last edited by pappuftp : 07 July 2005 at 12:46 PM.

07 July 2005
Cool I'm not sure about this one

Yeah I saw the preview in theatres yesterday, I really don't see anything unique about this film in the previews, I feel this movie has been done many times before. But again..I can't judge the film from the previews. I just hope Natalie Portmans performance is much better in this film than episode 3.

07 July 2005
Cool

Looks pretty good, might have to go see that.

Kinda makes me want to reread the comic as well.

07 July 2005
I have my hopes up for this one The trailer looks great.

07 July 2005
Looks quite nice... I'll await reviews and the likes. Made me switch from "Only if the reviews are good" to "might see if the reviews are good"

07 July 2005
Originally Posted by Darktwin: I just hope Natalie Portmans performance is much better in this film than episode 3.
I think that is more of an issue of crappy script, not crappy acting. Actors can only polish crappy dialogue so much. Check out any of her other movies(Closer, Garden State, Leon, etc...), she is a really good actress.

07 July 2005
looks promising!!

07 July 2005
to me it looks like zorro with a goofy mask. I am not familiar with the comic.

07 July 2005
Question

Looks interesting... haha Mr. Smith is V. Does the character really speak in rhymes?

07 July 2005
It barely got across any of the feel of the comic, and felt way too Matrix-ized for my tastes (I don't recall V throwing any vapor-emitting knives in the book). I wish they'd at least mentioned Guy Fawkes in the trailer, or hinted, ever so barely, that the thing is set in Britain, seeing as how nobody seems to have British accents... gah.

/bitter, crusty old man
//get off my lawn

07 July 2005
Originally Posted by beaker: I think that is more of an issue of crappy script, not crappy acting. Actors can only polish crappy dialogue so much. Check out any of her other movies(Closer, Garden State, Leon, etc...), she is a really good actress.

honestly i am waiting for dakota fanning to grow up... since leon i have not been at all impressed with miss portman's acting all the movies she is in she reminds me of watching a high school play the way she deleivers her dialog. I am sure thereare better actors than her that could of played this part.... then again the trailer did not really spark my interest so whats wrong with another mediocre part under natalie portmans belt ?

07 July 2005
Originally Posted by Bonedaddy: It barely got across any of the feel of the comic, and felt way too Matrix-ized for my tastes (I don't recall V throwing any vapor-emitting knives in the book). I wish they'd at least mentioned Guy Fawkes in the trailer, or hinted, ever so barely, that the thing is set in Britain, seeing as how nobody seems to have British accents... gah.

/bitter, crusty old man
//get off my lawn

Portman was doing an accent in the trailer. There wasn't enough of it to tell how good it was , but it was definitely there. Go back and listen.

I think Portman was miscast in this, much like she's been miscast in pretty much everything she's done lately.

Thread Closed share thread