designers against creative blocks

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2005
designers against creative blocks

http://www.refrase.net/motion/dacb.mov

Modeled and animated in 3dmax. Rendered in Brazil.

This was a piece I composed for the International Design Contest from Adobe. Very simple 3d as I wanted to spend most of my time in after effects/premiere working on the transitions, color, and the edit; not to mention its highly concept driven.

I was having some serious issues developing a concept at the time. So I drew upon the first exercise I ever remember doing in my design studies, where we had to portray emotions through 2d squares. So I took that concept, ran with it in 3d and applied it into a public service announcement for a mock organization "designers against creative blocks." The audio was produced by my good friend Jesse Forgues. I would like to rerender everything with a better lighting setup and probably will since I now have the time. This is my first run at showcasing my work here and I'm rather intimidated by the the amazing quality of work I have been appreciating the past year or so since I've been addicted to these forums. Anyway I hope you like it. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by timothyjpalmer : 07 July 2005 at 03:16 AM. Reason: typo

07 July 2005
Very cool work there... congrats.

Only crit was that I thought the titles could come up a bit earlier, as to be an openning rather than an explaination of each segment.

I really like the smooth, slick rendering & design elements, nice touch.

07 July 2005
ahh yeah I could see that.... nice observation. that is definitely something to think about....

thanks man!

07 July 2005
Nice concept, a little bit too designer-ish for my tastes but otherwise nice work. The only other crit, it drags on a little too long, we kind of get the message the second or third time, but then it keeps on going. Maybe pace it up a bit, make each section shorter and push the message across a bit quicker.

07 July 2005
Thank you for your comments. haha I'm sorry its too "designer-ish" for you.

About the length the requirement was 1 minute. I was going to pack it with 6-8 different emotions but felt that would contain a little too much 3d for an adobe contest. However I could agree that it could be paced up. However watching it prior to reading my explanation has a quite an impact. If you understand what it is about before you watch it than yes it will be a bit slow. Not knowing what is going on whilst watching is pretty pivotal to the last seconds of the piece. Thanks again.

07 July 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread