Ancient Bath House

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2005
wow. really stunning.

i'd still like to see that centurion statue in the alcove, even if it is just slightly illuminated down its front it would draw you to the focal point more and enhance the grandness. quite remarkable though. are the men going to be soldiers?

11 November 2005
Thanks,
Yep, i'll be putting him in

The men will be soldiers of sorts, yes. The final will be animated, so the men are placeholders and tests for now.

Last edited by JMcWilliams : 11 November 2005 at 12:34 PM.

11 November 2005
Talking

Going very cool ... Looks like a scene from a cool movie

You are very good , isn't it

11 November 2005
Thanks.

11 November 2005
Awesome wip thread, dude. Great lighting and development of the theme: thanks for taking the time to post it!

11 November 2005
Thanks, you are welcome.

12 December 2005

Not much progress I'm afraid, i've been doing other things. I'm sort of holding back completing this piece until January. I'll be opening my website to show my story, characters and the development of it all in a production diary type of thingy-ma-bob.

Last edited by JMcWilliams : 12 December 2005 at 03:17 AM.

12 December 2005
Good luck on completing this project(and the off shoots , if you get the chance). It's really beautifull.

I hope you'll put a link up for us to the webpage! Very curious to see a concise presentation.
modelling practice #1

12 December 2005
Thanks JM, I will indeed post up the webpage as soon as it's ready to go

12 December 2005
kind of jumping in here really late but I must say this is incredible I have learned so much from you, first of all i like the waterfall on the left side mainly because most of my main focus is there. Mainly id like to say the lighting for this is incredible. I have very limited experience with 2d but I think the bottom left could use some more detail, it just looks like the grass there is really blurred out out and the waterfall looks kinda like strings Other then that, its really cool I wish I could live their lol well as long as there are not soldiers there ;-). Truly wonderful work man.

12 December 2005
Hi geneticlone,
I'm glad it's been helpful, everyone on here and on concept art.org have been very helpful to me in it's development too. Cheers for the crits too, I will bear them in mind when I come to finish this off.

01 January 2006
Well, seeing as this is all part of the same project, I might as well post more work straight into this thread.

Started a new concept painting this afternoon, here is where I am so far...

It is for a scene where the main character plummets from the sky (I cannot be bothered to explain how and what happens to him yet ).

01 January 2006
really awesome piece! just be careful not to overdue

02 February 2006
Ok, not much changed on the bathhouse itself. Except that it has been flipped back to the original version. But we have an addition. A tiny little robot bug is upto something. Guess we will find out all in good time

02 February 2006
Beautiful work! I love the lighting and the whole sense of place. Excellent!

Thread Closed share thread