Low Poly Environment WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2005   #1
Low Poly Environment WIP

Hi everyone, Iím currently working on an environment and thought id post to see what you guys think. Most of the modelling and some texturing is done, however the majority of the meshes still need cleaning up. The buildings are based on eastern European and Italian renaissance styles....

Last edited by Mastahful : 07 July 2005 at 11:08 PM.

Old 07 July 2005   #2
This is another of the finished models.

Last edited by Mastahful : 07 July 2005 at 11:03 PM.

Old 07 July 2005   #3
Well I think they look quite spiffy. I feel that the second model might be a little too "grey," perhaps a little more colour variation in the stonework would make it really be perfect.

-Chai

Tip: Using reference is not a weakness. It's actually a sign of strength.

Old 07 July 2005   #4
wow. Those look very nice Keep up the great work

Old 07 July 2005   #5
Mastahful,

First off great idea and great job man !!. This looks a big city your modeling that would rock. Anyway i think both of the models look great and the textures on the first building are great, do you have bumps or normals for that one also ?? , and then on your church like building i don't know if it's the color of the blue area or if it doesn't look right or weird,maybe it's my monitor ?? LOL. Well again models look great, i always like looking at the Enivronments people work on so i know what people are modeling or what there thinking of. As an Environment Artist my self i'm trying to get better and model more complex models i need to do a big building or city like yourself. Well god job again , Peace

Chris Youngblood
http://www.cyoungblood.com

Old 07 July 2005   #6
Wow! the models are absolutely beautiful, that is inspiring stuff! The textures look a little bit muddy to me, just in general - it might be the image compression though. A lot of people I know use imageshack for image hosting, you might be able to try that if you want to upload higher quality pics? Great work!

Old 07 July 2005   #7
Thanks for the replies guys. None of the models use bump or any other type of mapping, just a texture, as for the blue looking weird, im not sure...maybe its because its a low quality JPG, or maybe it is your monitor

Old 07 July 2005   #8
Thanks. Yeah ill definitely give imageshack a try, the pics i posted are pretty low in quality. Im working on getting an online portfolio set up, in the mean time im using my MSN Space as a temp place for some of my work... http://spaces.msn.com/members/Pavsfolio

Old 07 July 2005   #9
Hey, I like the look very much. especially the textured house-row. Btw, it looks nice on my monitor . I could imagine some nice WWII tanks roling down those streets ...

Can't wait for new pics.

Old 07 July 2005   #10
Thumbs up

very nice work!

- BoBo

Old 07 July 2005   #11
lol, I might be tempted to throw in a burned out tank! Iím going for an abandoned look, thereís a few ruined buildings and an abandoned factory area across a rail track from the town, ill post some new renders soon.

Old 07 July 2005   #12
Nice work man!

where do you get your textures? hand paint them?

Old 07 July 2005   #13
The textures are created in photoshop from photographs, some taken by myself and from online recources.

Old 07 July 2005   #14
Ok, checked out fileshack so heres a new render.

Last edited by Mastahful : 07 July 2005 at 01:02 PM.

Old 07 July 2005   #15
Really nice work. Can you post your texture flats? What size textures and how many are you using?

Thread Closed share thread