--- Frogman ---

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2005
--- Frogman ---

Hi cgtalkers ! it's been a while...

here is a character for the comp on cgchat, but i think i will not have time finish it at the date.

so i decided to finish him for my portfolio

with the armor

07 July 2005
LOOOL i love him!

07 July 2005
Oh my god those eyes haha, I am a fan allready! Superb!

07 July 2005
haha thats cool, maybe some bump map on his skin, looks a bit plastic

07 July 2005
haha! totally sweet! I love the proportions. bump and spec maps would be really great for this character, the spec map especially.

07 July 2005
This is awesome. Long time Guillom Nice to see ya here. I hacve nothing to crit at the moment becouse the model looks cool. Great bravo for an idea. Keep it up.

07 July 2005
Lookin great man. Your last comp entry was awesome too.

Where is the red loincloth thing coming from though? It looks like its attached right to his body at the moment. Maybe I'm not looking at it right though.

07 July 2005
Mrdes : thx, in fact it is attached to a kind of underwear but the view is not appropriated

Por@szek : Hi ! always good to have feedback from you, your critics are always constructive...

Adam Atomic : thx adam ! i will use zbrush for some normal and maybe some hand painted normal stuff in photoshop. I think i will have fun with spec too .

Joee : thank you, there are no textures for the moment but of course i will do

EVIL : so much thx

jOBe :

07 July 2005
Totally dig the proportions guillom!...sooo much character at this stage....but also a solid example of modelling...keep up the good work...btw...sorry if mentioned before...but do you intend to rig and wweight this character...I think he desernes to be...to be honest...
DWIV
Never enough time!!...

3dblog

07 July 2005
Excellent character. Let's just hope he doesnt make motor sounds and turn up on television every 5 minutes

07 July 2005
Supervlieg : thx

johnwoo : so much thx ! yes i think i will rig him ! with this proportions it will be funny to see him moving

07 July 2005
Normals looks cool, I suggest You to make the skin sharper, with more holes and hills Something like a squized paper. The skin is too perfect at the moment, but maybe You will do a cartoon version so then its ok. Maybe more attantion to hands -> fingers. And my please to You, could You send me some link to tutorials about making normals under zbrush??

Good job man.

07 July 2005
Looks excellent!

I love the proportions and his blank, beady eyed stare! Looks like a great character to animate with. Im kinda worried about the similarity to that crazy frog, but as long as you dont make him blue, give him a helmet and model him a knob, youll be ok
It also partly reminds me of that guy with the snout in the cantina band scene in star wars!

I dunno why, but i just love the rear view - theres just something so wierd and creepy about his small back and giant arse!

07 July 2005
Nice work, the Zbrush pass works really well, I'd work some alpha's into the fingers and toes when you come to texture, keep it sort of translucent, fake SSS or whatever.

07 July 2005
Gui, I have been a fan for quite sometime now, and this just keeps on uping how much I love your work!

The style you have is just amazing, and I am speechles... this sure kicks Ben Mathis's frog in his Z Brush tut (if anyone has seen it, you will know what I am talking about)

Awsome stuff GUI, NOW MORE!

Thread Closed share thread