Recovering render cow tmp image files

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2005   #1
Recovering render cow tmp image files

Well, I`ve started a network render with 4 machines on a +400,000,000 polygon ecosystem populated scene. One frame takes 20-30 mins for each cpu. It is a scene of 250 frames and network render failed in the middle. I said "abort" rendering, she said "do you want to save rendered files" I said "Yes" happily, and vue crashed without saving.

Now I have 100 frames named filename_.jpg000098.tmp . All are 2,496 KB and photoshop does not realize it. Linux "file" tool does not realize it either. Googled around and could not fine anything. I`ve loaded the same scene, attempted network rendering for later frames, and retried for the same sequence and aborted intentionally, she asked me to save, but didn`t work also.

Any suggestions ? it means 12 rendering hours now.

Thanks.

Old 07 July 2005   #2
Well, I got the same problem with an animation and I asked the e-on support.

Bad news for us: There is no way to use the .tmp files. You have to render all frames new. :(

I can't look right now, but I think in the lower left corner of the HyerVue window is an option that will help.

Old 07 July 2005   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread