BodyPaint DVD available

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2005   #1
BodyPaint DVD available

www.vitaldistraction.com

New BodyPaint Tutorial DVD

Cloth next release.

Old 06 June 2005   #2
Price is right, but could you give me an idea of what I might actually be buying? What topics are covered? How's the quality? How long is it? Etc, etc . . . Lots of hype, no tripe.

ernia

Old 06 June 2005   #3
i second ernia's, plus, teasers are in order,...'cept your organisation is Maxon,Alias or Avid( most of them realy on their already attained status as prove of quality you're likely to get).... this bout my second time of coming across vitadistraction

..no one is saying this is "vapour ware"....but there's little on the site to show what one is getting.

Old 06 June 2005   #4
price is fine
but they can send to the United Arab Emirates ( DUbai ) ???

Old 06 June 2005   #5
It does seem odd that there's no information about the DVD, other than that it covers BP. OTOH, The company does have a lot of former Maxon tech guys on staff so they surely know what they're doing.

Old 06 June 2005   #6
Hmmm.. I dunno.

You know, I could be wrong (and I hope I am!) but I cant help getting the feeling by looking at the page that this might just be a scam. The fonts, the coloring, the way certain text is highlighted with keywords like "Ex-Maxon Tech support" etc. The whole thing looks a little too luring and desperate somehow. The page as a whole doesn't convey that kind of cool down to earth confidence one see's on other sites where training DVD's are sold.

I'd rather hold onto my wallet for now and not click on any "PayPal pre-order" buttons untill we know that this one's for real.
// Alex

Last edited by Newstream : 06 June 2005 at 01:46 PM.

Old 06 June 2005   #7
Clamps onto thread.

Old 06 June 2005   #8
Typical pre-order with no info. Let's hear more about this DVD and see some sample movies and screenshots!

Old 06 June 2005   #9
Originally Posted by Badtastic: but I cant help getting the feeling by looking at the page that this might just be a scam. The fonts, the coloring, the way certain text is highlighted with keywords like "Ex-Maxon Tech support" etc. The whole thing looks a little too luring and desperate somehow. The page as a whole doesn't convey that kind of cool down to earth confidence one see's on other sites where training DVD's are sold.

wahahahaha was exactly what I thought, with design skills like that you've got to wonder

Old 06 June 2005   #10
Originally Posted by duderender: Typical pre-order with no info. Let's hear more about this DVD and see some sample movies and screenshots!

Hear, Hear! I'd gladly preorder a copy if I knew what _exactly_ is covered AND get to see some samples of representative quality....

C'mon guys, you're Ex-Maxon ... you know what we expect :-)

Old 06 June 2005   #11
I see they've got the "Duck Race" video on their site. Srek, can you verify that these guys actually did that tut video for Maxon? That would lend some credibility to their venture.

ernia

Old 06 June 2005   #12
Originally Posted by ernia: I see they've got the "Duck Race" video on their site. Srek, can you verify that these guys actually did that tut video for Maxon? That would lend some credibility to their venture.

ernia

Well, I can verify that these guys did the video tutorial that came with version 9 since I use to work with them when I was also at Maxon. Look at the credits for the video and you'll see all of our names there. These guys also help write the manuals so I know that they know what they are talking about. I think that they are just busy which is a good thing and are just recently updating their website. You would be amazed at what they have done to expand C4D in the movie industry. They did the previz for Flight of the Phoenix and XXX2(some finals if I remember correctly).
It was an honor for me to have worked with theses guys. I know how hard they have worked to get where they are. They are the most professional guys in the industry. If they are bringing out video tutorials, I know that they will be of the best quality.

Regards,
Tuan Nguyen

Old 06 June 2005   #13
Thumbs up

Impressive credentials. Looking forward to seeing some samples and a table of contents.
Woody Allen

Old 06 June 2005   #14
Tuan
Well, I can verify that these guys did the video tutorial that came with version 9 since I use to work with them when I was also at Maxon.

Well, that's good to hear. Now I can start to get excited about getting this thing.

Tuan, you were sure a lot of help to me. I hope you were replaced by someone who is as willing to help.

ernia

Old 06 June 2005   #15
Originally Posted by ernia: I see they've got the "Duck Race" video on their site. Srek, can you verify that these guys actually did that tut video for Maxon?

That and much more. They are what they claim to be

Cheers
Björn

Thread Closed share thread