Armoured Core Style

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2005
Armoured Core Style

Heya all!
just thought i should put up a VERY EARLY stage of the model I am busy with.
Its based on one of the Gears/Mechas/Cores (name them what u want I like the term gear though) from the game Armored Core - Nexus

No Meshsmoothing used anywhere, wanted to see if I could make a high poly model without smoothing it.
Oh and dont expect it to be done anytime soon, got some stuff to do for a job I getting (plus I've been busy with it since september last year on and off, more off than anything though)

Let me know what you all think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3d1.jpg (75.1 KB, 786 views)
File Type: jpg 3d2.jpg (90.2 KB, 895 views)

Last edited by Snake Eyess : 06 June 2005 at 03:19 AM.

06 June 2005
Looks great so far.
cant wait to see more.

I am not that familiar with this anime though. Any links to it?

06 June 2005
its not an anime, its a game I've been playing armoured core for like 8 years now, lol. Looks great man, keep it up

08 August 2005
looking very good, can wait to see more...good luck

08 August 2005
niiiiice, looks good so far, armoured core is bas ass, looking forward to updates

08 August 2005
Hey all!

Sorry for the SLOOOOOW updates, just started a new job and things are pretty hectic there. (lotsa jobs and moving premesis at the end of the month, what a time to join them)

Will try and do a update this weekend, after seeing the C&Cs from you guys.....you gave me some new insperation!

THANKS FOR DA ENCOURAGING WORDS!

08 August 2005
I am a fan of the armored core series and I'd have to say, your model is quite good considering your not using meshsmoothing.

Are you using NURBS? You must have a very high end video card to have that kind of detail in the viewport. This almost makes me wanna start modeling parts.

Keep it up man!

08 August 2005
Thanks Ravennguyn!! (Raven...hmmm....like in AC??)

Nope...NO NURBS! lol, just good old poly modelin. I dont have such a hectic Vidcard its only a HIS - ATI Radeon 9550.....with a bit of overclocking, I hide what I dont need when I'm working on a part (Alt-Q......VERY USEFULL!)

Anyway, check back later this week, IF I'm not too busy there should be an update!

11 November 2005
Hey Carl

Good work with the AC, looks wicked, keep it up, cant wait to see finished model!
Nam sucks, I might be comin back to Cape Town sometime next year, if I can get a good job over there.

What kinda work u doin?

11 November 2005
i was gonna do one. looking nice man, keep it up.

11 November 2005
i would love to see more progress!!! its a good start you got going!

11 November 2005
Been hectic busy with work, BUT....that no longer a prob. Just heard a little while ago that they letting me go

Anyway, I have done a TEENY WEENY bit more on it though. Added onto the shoulders, patched up some groups and organised some stuff. I also managed to make a nifty slider set with limits that I collected into the parameter collector for the Exceed orbits (the things on his shoulders) Vineer thruster fins. Works like a charm!

shoulders

Both EO Vineers closed

EO Vineers open at different amounts. 2.28=max limit

Sorry for the huge images!
hope you guys like. Eventhough it only a small update.
Encourage me more and mabey I do more , Just kidding, I also wanna see the end of this model. Other things waiting to be built.

01 January 2006
Hows it going?

01 January 2006
Hmmm...thanx for the reply 4th-Child, Unfortunatly...I lost my job a little while back so been doing things for other 3D places to get in with them for a job.

I did do a little extra on it, but nothing to write home about, I think I gonna work some more on it 2moro, cause I got nothing much else to do.....and it seems like people are intrested in how far this model going.

check back on sunday, MABEY I will have a update.

04 April 2006
any more progress?

Thread Closed share thread