Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 06-14-2005, 09:47 PM   #1
Em2
portfolio
Almir Kozaric
Oslo, NO

When did YOU start making art`??

Well im always thinking of when did these reat artist start with art. And since there are many fantastic artist here why not ask.

I started 2 years ago though the first year was just a bit of Photoshoping. This last year im trying to learn tons at the same time (wich is almost imposible with all my schoolwork and the partys). Im leaning twords 3d art but since its almost imposible to make real good stuff in 3d without a sketch, im also trying to learn how to draw stuff.(Andrew loomis is great!! reading the first book atm, though i aint very good)

15 year old Almir from Norway

Old 06-14-2005, 11:18 PM   #2
paperclip
Better than staples.

portfolio
Theresa Ryan
Freelance illustrator
Theresa Ryan Visual Development
Castlebar, Ireland

I remember coloring and sketching when I was 3...started painting when I was about 6/7, I found a book in the library about watercolor painting and went from there.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:19 PM   #3
ReBootedOne
Animating til' Midnight

portfolio
Eric Stirpe
Animation Student
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, USA

Send a message via AIM to ReBootedOne
Uhhh, lesse...
Well, I've been drawin' since I was like 3 or 4 or so, but I wouldn't really call it 'art' at that stage o' the game....
I started making stop-motion animated movies when I was 7, still make 'em now and again... Eventually I progressed to digital stuff and 3D...
Now I'm learning Maya and life is tastin' good.....
I am a drawing maniac, and it is what I do constantly, and I'm finally able to say I'm proud of what comes out of my pencil...

-eric

Old 06-14-2005, 11:32 PM   #4
Peddy
Tricksy and False

portfolio
Peter Davis
3d Artist
Brisbane, Australia

no idea. maybe sometime after i type a minimum of 11 characters.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:58 PM   #5
Em2
portfolio
Almir Kozaric
Oslo, NO

As many of you other ppl i began to draw when i was 2-3 of age. then when i was 6 i began to mimic stuff( very badly may i mention). when i was about 10 then i almost stop with any drawing. age 12 got a pc i could use( had a weird pc that coldnt do anything b4). thats basicly all from me.

Old 06-15-2005, 12:22 AM   #6
stepington
Human Water Filter

portfolio
Steve-O
illustrator/ photoshop artist
Laika Entertainment
Portland, USA

I've always drawn since my toddler years. When I was twelve my grandmother signed me up for some oil painting classes during the summer (she taught ceramics at Stanislaus State in California during the 1950's and 60's). I was pretty angry at first - I wanted to loaf around and swim. After the first class I was hooked.

Last edited by stepington : 06-15-2005 at 12:26 AM.

Old 06-15-2005, 01:59 AM   #7
Gord-MacDonald
pencil driven

portfolio
Gordon MacDonald
Consultant
G A MacDonald Consulting INC.
Ottawa, Canada

Send a message via ICQ to Gord-MacDonald
When I could first hold a pencil. (My mother has told me that I engaged in some creative endevours all over the walls by my crib, but I won't go into that...)

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 06-15-2005, 02:33 AM   #8
Alexandrite
[an art exiled]

portfolio
Nadya Neklioudova
Australia

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite
i too started drawing madly since i found out what a pencil and paper were and what you eat them with... i mean, what you do with them

as for making Art, with a capital letter, dunno if i've reached that pedestal quite yet. Still learning. Someday...

Old 06-15-2005, 03:25 AM   #9
Lunatique
Pragmatic Dreamer

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Robert Chang
Artist|Writer|Composer
Photographer|Director
Lincoln, USA

My first reliable memory of drawing was around 3~4 years old, and people told me that I was good at it then. I knew it too because I looked at what the other kids did, and they were just unrecognizable blobs of shapes, while mine was a perfectly recognizable Mazinger Z robot (an old anime TV show during that time).

I didn't get "serious" about art until around age 13. But once I decided to get serious, I became obsessed. But it wasn't really drawing/painting that I loved--it was being a creator--to tell stories and create worlds. Visuals were only one aspect of it.

Old 06-15-2005, 03:03 PM   #10
Ed Bittner
S*R* DIGITAL

Ed Bittner
Working
USA

This is a reproduction of my very first "attention getter". It was a kindergarten assignment.

E.

Old 06-15-2005, 03:19 PM   #11
Prs-Phil
living a piggie life

Philip Unger
3d Artist
Rockstar Leeds
Vienna, Austria

Send a message via ICQ to Prs-Phil
never, actually still trying to find out what it is all about. Some would actually call pushing a few vertices around and slamming pixels on it art and they even pay me for it but I don't think I have even started with "art" yet.

I´m working on it

Old 06-15-2005, 06:30 PM   #12
GrM
road warrior
portfolio
Gregg Meissner
the ruined suburbs of ancient Seattle, USA

Send a message via AIM to GrM
I've always liked doodling and drawing for as long as I can remember... age 3 or 4 like others said. I never got serious about art until about age 16. That was all traditional stuff at that point; charcoal, pastels, acrylics, etc. I'm 20 now, and just in the past year or so have been getting into digital art of my own.

heh, Lunatique- I have a cousin who was obsessed with that show.... I believe it was called Tranzor Z over here. (sorry for going off topic)

Last edited by GrM : 06-15-2005 at 06:35 PM.

Old 06-16-2005, 06:49 AM   #13
ash18march
Veteran
ASHISH
STUDENT OF 3D
PANJIM, India

Wink

well i as far as i rember when i used to 5 around in school i startedto draw after that i lost touch with my art now i am 21 suddenly i gained back a lot of lost intrest i started sketching painting now i cant live without drawing this started a year back when i was working and started sketching in order to pass time now i am deep into it as far creating art is concerned it is never ending process everday u learn something new and i think it will take me years to creat magnificent. i think this is the best thing which has happened to me since years

Old 06-16-2005, 05:07 PM   #14
DrFx
Bloodlust

portfolio
Carlos Félix
3d generalist
Open University
London, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to DrFx
For as long as I can remember. I remember my mother painting when I was a child, that made me want to paint too, right away! The first recognizable stuff must have been around 3-4, at the time when I began to read. I remember making flipbook animations at about 7!

Old 06-16-2005, 05:37 PM   #15
LouisCho
404 Error

portfolio
Louis Choinière
Architectural illustrator
Studio Leonard
Canada

Send a message via MSN to LouisCho
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash18march
well i as far as i rember when i used to 5 around in school i startedto draw after that i lost touch with my art now i am 21 suddenly i gained back a lot of lost intrest i started sketching painting now i cant live without drawing this started a year back when i was working and started sketching in order to pass time now i am deep into it as far creating art is concerned it is never ending process everday u learn something new and i think it will take me years to creat magnificent. i think this is the best thing which has happened to me since years

Same thing for me.

I was drawing a lot whan i was 5-10 but my worst problem was the lack of patience. Since i am 20 (i am 21 now), I draw and draw and draw. I love it. I know that i need a lot of practice but like i said, i love it.

Louis

Thread Closed share thread