|06 June 2005||#1|
North Lauderdale, FL, USA
Join Date: Jun 2005
Error: No object matches name
This is my first attempt at MEl and I'm getting the feeling that I did something totally wrong with my script since I get the: //Error: No object matches name: // error. Could you please take a look at it and help me out?
any help will be appreciated. Thanks
|06 June 2005||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2004
A few tips:
1. Procedure parameters shouldn't be redeclared inside the procedure (i.e. $numVerts, and $curveLenght), otherwise their values will be reset.
2. if ( $numVerts < 1 || $numVerts = 1) checks if $numVerts is less than 1 and then sets it to 1. You probably want 'if ( $numVerts >= 1 )'
3. $newfloat should be initialized to 0 (float $newfloat = 0; ), otherwise it will start with a random value
4. It might be easier to use a string instead of a string array to build the parameters:
$params += ("-p 0 0 " + $calculate + " ");
5. When executing the curve command, use an eval statement:
eval("curve " + $params);
This may not get you all the way there, but it's a start.
Last edited by bruegger : 06 June 2005 at 02:40 PM.
|06 June 2005||#4|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|