|06 June 2005||#1|
Washington DC, USA
CgTalk Daily Sketch 374 "300 Spartans"
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
|06 June 2005||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2004
Ok, so there aren't exactly 300 Spartans. Anyways! I realize this isn't really a typical example of Spartan military, but I thought it would be interesting to figure out how they might look if they were zombie Spartans. I also wanted to play around more with the glowing eyes and mouth thing that I tried with The Beast of Yucca Flats.
PSCS, Wacom, around 45 mins.
|06 June 2005||#3|
Michael van den Bosch
Professional Freelance Character Designer
Nice one swizzle stick!
Here's mine, photoshop, painter, 30 min.
There the were, 300 of 'm!"
Last edited by MichaelMotion : 06 June 2005 at 06:48 PM.
|06 June 2005||#4|
Alias: Clockwork Beetleportfolio
A quick internet search revealed the spartan is also a British ATV. Here's 300 of them.
Maya - Half hour, Photoshop, Half Hour.
|06 June 2005||#9|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Dargon brings up a point- The rules say that the daily sketch can be done on any medium, but does that include 3d programs? I've often wanted to use blender on a sketch so that I could get the perspective right. I dunno.
Great sketches so far
|06 June 2005||#10|
well it's a 2D wip subforum but I can't see using 3D here doing much harm.
It would be fun to see what kind of stuff people could spin up with a
3D prog in say .5 to 3 hours
|06 June 2005||#11|
where you been?portfolio
Animator, Director, Set Designer, all round design jack of all trades
Photoshop 6-8min (but who's counting)
Xerxes: My mens arrows will cover the sun...
Leonidas: Then my men will hve the advantage of fighting in the shadow!
|06 June 2005||#15|
Lord of the postsportfolio
Join Date: Jul 2003
I wish I had time for this sketch...but I wanted to do a greek topic ehehe. I'm not very proud of it... But I'm posting anyway. About 30' photoshop and good ol' wacom, yeah!.
To animate? or to matte paint?
|Thread Closed share thread|