AE plug in's for shake?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2005   #1
AE plug in's for shake?

IS there a program that can use AE plug in's inside of shake? this sucks I should have gone DF...bah I think I am LOL

Old 06 June 2005   #2
go to highend2d.com and download AE for shake !

Besides if you have shake what plugins do you need to use ?

Old 06 June 2005   #3
There is one that I really want to use and it called T etch...

Old 06 June 2005   #4
http://www.strangebrain.com/AE_Shake.php

Is that what your talking about?

I wanted to use Tinder's in shake like the 70+ that are for after effects...I think I am going to sell my shake and my Imac and get a PC with DF...since DF get's the getarts the monsters and all AE plug in's because it has a ae import thing....

I don't want to learn shake for comp and AE for effect bah bah bah....DF5 is comeing out soon too...

Old 06 June 2005   #5
Hey!

What can't be done through macro and need compilation has probably been done here :
with shake you can use
- genart Sapphire
- Revision (retimer morph and warp tools)
- Tinder Foundry
- algolith
- Primatte, Keylight, Ultimatte
and there are many others that i don't use..

So the best plug in makers did port it to shake (of course : it come with a great SDK!!!)
In you case you need to buy Tinder to install T_Etch !!

Old 06 June 2005   #6
THEY DON"T MAKE IT FOR SHKE...

Old 06 June 2005   #7
Not sure if the latest version of tinder for shake inlcudes t_etch as they don't have tinder where I'm working, but it was definately there in the version of tinder that I used way back on windows in shake 2.51. Here is the link for the new version :

http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/pkg_ove...27-7C6F707B7E22

email thefoundry maybe they can do a point release or port the old code somehow. I seem to remember hearing that they had awsome customer support !

otherwise there is definately ways of making that same effect in shake without selling up and moving to another app.

But if you really want to give it up how much do you want for your shake licence ?

Old 06 June 2005   #8
You don't need to post a link and why the hell would you If I am talking about T-Etch I think I know the link/web page/thats why I asked...because IT IS NOT MADE FOR SHAKE AND IF YOU FOLLOW YOUR LINK YOU KNOW THAT TOO.

But any ways na I want to go back to windows any ways...

because I really want to be able to do that effect that cmi did in flame useing the speed six and what not...I don't want to learn after effects I am....BAH

Old 06 June 2005   #9
hey mushkin!

i use tinder plugins often in shake (both 2.51 NT or 3.5 mac/linux) ! believe us!
regards

Old 06 June 2005   #10

You don't need to post a link and why the hell would you If I am talking about T-Etch I think I know the link/web page/thats why I asked...because IT IS NOT MADE FOR SHAKE AND IF YOU FOLLOW YOUR LINK YOU KNOW THAT TOO.

You ever stop to think that maybe someone on this list knows what they are talking about and is trying to help you..............Just out of kindness

I have had a look at the cvivfx video and there is nothing in that video that cannot be acheived EASILY USING THE BASIC INSTALL OF SHAKE WITHOUT ANY PLUGINS !

because I really want to be able to do that effect that cmi did in flame useing the speed six and what not...I don't want to learn after effects I am....BAH

Regaudless of the availability of certain filters within the tinder for shake pack, (there are 9 shown on the site, maybe there are more in the pack !?!?) I think you need to clam down, and rethink your approach to this. Plugins are not the only way to acheive graphic results in a compositing package. Having used tinder in the past I can assure you that you could very easily replicate an effect like 'T etch very' easily and effectively using the tools you have at your disposal.

But any ways na I want to go back to windows any ways...

I don't want to learn after effects I am....BAH

You seem to be talking about a whole other problem here. If you want a techique for replicating an effect then I am happy to talk about a solution. If you want a 'plug-in' or one button node that creates the effect for you either learn to build macros or use a colourX and write one for yourself.

Old 06 June 2005   #11
I downloaded the demo and all I got was 9 so I am guessing when I say if I buy them I am still getting 9. I have email them but the never reply even with the word BUY in the title...

also

That effect in flame... I talked to chris at CMI and he told me that it could not be done...and beeker on the forums said he could do it but when I asked him he also never replyed...

So sine I am the home user and you guys seem to be the masters

Then plz tell me how I can do that effect along with how to do E-etch...

sorry for being a dick Its that people also tell me its easy it can be done in shake but knowone ever "SHOW's ME"

Old 06 June 2005   #12
http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/dl_imag...?fn=T_Etch1.jpg

http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/dl_imag...?fn=T_Etch2.jpg

T_Etch

T_Etch simulates a hand drawn picture using charcoals. Lines are drawn along edges and cross hatching is used to fill in regions

Why bust chops over it?
Use AFX plugin in AFX then tweak

Last edited by SalaTar : 06 June 2005 at 11:42 PM.

Old 06 June 2005   #13
so I should buy after effects and then buy tinder so I can use that one plug in...no

how do you do it in shake...

plz

Old 06 June 2005   #14
Originally Posted by mushkin: so I should buy after effects and then buy tinder so I can use that one plug in...no

Should you purchase Shake and be unaware that it dont use AFX plugins?..no...

Could you do it in Shake ?I would say yes,but either through a language barrier or just a real attitude you may have no options left now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg no.jpg (94.6 KB, 74 views)

Old 06 June 2005   #15
I bought it right after deplyment at the time I did not know about all the great plug in's for all the systems...I also that that since shake was the best all around there would have been more plugs for them...I knew it did not use AE...bought it anyways...I'm glad to see you got it working and maybe one day I will be able to do it too...

Thread Closed share thread