What about a Mini Challenge ?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2005   #1
What about a Mini Challenge ?

Hello Vue user, what you think about a Mini Challenge or a little how I do... thread ? I think it is a good way to improve the skill of the software.

Old 05 May 2005   #2
A small challenge is always fun. Perhaps we could team up in pairs, if there is enough interest? I've found it works better for me that way.

Old 05 May 2005   #3
A team thingie sounds interesting.

Ok, i wonder if there are enough members here to do that, but it is really interesting to think about. Will make the community stronger for sure!

I only wonder if this here is the right place - Vue images does not have a very good reputation really here at CGTalk. My feeling. But of course i could be wrong - maybe only because i got some not so nice comments on my last image and decided not to post here anymore.

Oh, no discussion about that - i am pro enough to deal with that.

It is nice to be important,
but it is more important to be nice.

Duster Bennett

Old 05 May 2005   #4
Hmm...yes, well...I see your point. Perhaps we could keep it within our ranks - a simple thread in this forum to begin with? If it turns out really well, we could always post it in the gallery and duck..

And if we are too few, say five or less, we could have a little collaborative project. Either way it's a learning experience and we get to know each other a bit better.

Old 05 May 2005   #5
I totally agree - letīs see what others think.

Duster Bennett

Old 05 May 2005   #6
This sounds like an interesting idea I'm up for it.

videodv.

Old 05 May 2005   #7
I agree, we need to be stronger and we need a web site for this and an user forum, I think also Vue (e-on) can be much more interresting by them customers....

I like this software and I 'm already to make a contribution to this forum or challenge... it can be on the renderosity pages too....

Don't know ask me ????

Best Regards

Nicolas

Old 05 May 2005   #8
Having just aquired this software, I'm still crawling with it, but I'd be up for a challenge as a way to learn more.

Old 05 May 2005   #9
... I was waiting some days, to see how the response to this question is. ...there are some people interested doing something, thats great !
What would be the best for a start ?... Are we to few members for a challenging something ? ... would it be cool to set up something together, as goal to do a team callenge or project ?!

Last edited by <Pino> : 05 May 2005 at 07:15 AM.

Old 05 May 2005   #10
I prefer the team contest - teams of two for example. Makes people to know each other and is the first time i saw something like this.

I would propose that we collect names and maybe preferences now. What sort of contest and/or in which form. A team effort as one team or several teams.

Duster Bennett

Old 05 May 2005   #11
Smile

I also vote for the small-team model. Two or perhaps three people, it's all good.

I would like to field a few questions:
- How much experience with Vue? (not much, in my case)
- Which version of Vue? (Infinite here)
- Should we use objects built with other applications? Perhaps someone has a nice model we could base the theme on? In other words, should we keep it "clean"?

And then there's the theme..

Old 05 May 2005   #12
... I am open to what comes out (Team/Single/challenge/collaborative...)
I am a starter with Vue, and for me learning by doing It is a good motivation working stronger and more with vue.

to the questions:
- How much experience with Vue? not much, starter
- Which version of Vue? 5/Infinite
- Should we use objects built with other applications? I think we can, my goal isnt to use vue as first application, I want integrate vue in the workflow (my opinion)

Old 05 May 2005   #13
I'm also open to whatever, team or individual.

experience: one image
vue: infinite
think there should be an external model(s) though, don't see Vue as a stand alone app.

Old 05 May 2005   #14
Ok, i think i said it already - i find the idea of a team thing fascinating.

Vue version? 5 Studio and Infinite (and 4 Pro, 4)
Experience? A bit - I work with Vue now for three years (I guess) and am beta tester

The idea with a defined bunch of models - free or done by someone here - i think is excellent. I love challenges that have a defined set of options.

Duster Bennett

Old 05 May 2005   #15
... if there would be a team-something, with serious interest I would also model some stuff. I have no experience in Vue, but work experience with other apps...

Thread Closed share thread