Paris Hilton Commercial - Trash Reigns Supreme!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2005   #1
Angry Paris Hilton Commercial - Trash Reigns Supreme!

Why does the entertainment industry like to wade in such shallow waters? Check out www.hardees.com (Carl's Jr. for you west coast folks). The front page promotes their new Paris Hilton commercial. Click on the link and watch the 60 sec. version, as well as the corporate commentary. It absolutely sickens me to see this utter worthless crap that the industry loves to shovel. I love the moron that says something like, "we had a spicy/hot burger so we immediately though of Paris (Hilton)." Whatever happened to originality, style, tact? You may not agree with me, but I for one believe these people should be dragged out into the streets of Hollywood or Madison Ave. and publically beaten with a cane! What a load of filth.

Old 05 May 2005   #2
Well I like women so i have no problem with over the top sensuality. Unfortunately I find her hideous, overly skinny, she has no curves and to be honest I think she has the face of a muppet. But I'm all for gratuity with women I actually like. A couple of points also.

1)If you look for meaning in your commercials, stop. Even the ones with 'sentiment' are faking it at the recommendation of advertising firms to sell something. That's all commercials are and frankly it's all they should EVER be. I get annoyed just from the 'more you know' commercials. It's not my source for moral guidance.

2)All of these kinds of industries are to a large extent reacting to the public. IF we were not sex and violence driven it wouldn't work, but it does, so the blame is shared by people who respond to it. IF somebody decides he likes carl's jr burgers cause of that commercial he's probably beyond the help of ANY form of advertising.

Old 05 May 2005   #3
Carl's Jr. hasn't produced a meaningful commercial in years. I see their advertizing on TV quite frequently and none of the ads make me want to go get a burger.

They all just make me want to throw up. Prior to the Paris Hilton bit, it was the "horrible table manners" spots. I really don't see how watching someone slurp, slobber, drip and drool while eating can make you hungry. :vomit:

I see the Paris Hilton commercial now and think ... this is all that she'll ever be remembered for. Apparently, you don't need any notable skill or talent to make it in the entertainment industry other than the ability to shake your butt and flash your cleavage.

A good looking body seems to be unimportant as well. :vomit:

Old 05 May 2005   #4
Originally Posted by Kirt: I see the Paris Hilton commercial now and think ... this is all that she'll ever be remembered for.

all she'll be remembered for is her sex video tape i guess...

Old 05 May 2005   #5
Personally...if I need motivation to go get a burger, I won't need to get it from a commercial. I'll get it from HUNGER. I don't care what they promote or condone. I need to eat, and sometimes, it's the closest and most convenient option.

Commercials are pointless, if you ask me. They've become the new information medium for stations to sell one of their many "brilliant" reality shows. And it's not like a commercial has ever influenced me so much that I actually bought the damn product. By God, I'm an individual who's able to think for myself and form MY OWN opinions! YAY! I'll get what I need, simple as that.

And for those of you who get offended by commercials showing a beast-whore eating a crap burger beside a pointless vehicle, it's a 30 second commercial...Get over it, it's NOT hard, and live your life. OR, you can allow those 30 seconds (evidently BRIMMING with emotional trauma and personal torment that somehow justifies taking time to make a thread about it) to dictate your life and continue to be hurt by inconsequential media bullshit. Oh, the pain!

Old 05 May 2005   #6
Sex sells.

Who are we to argue?

-L

Old 05 May 2005   #7
Originally Posted by Joe Burnham: And for those of you who get offended by commercials showing a beast-whore eating a crap burger beside a pointless vehicle, it's a 30 second commercial...Get over it, it's NOT hard, and live your life. OR, you can allow those 30 seconds (evidently BRIMMING with emotional trauma and personal torment that somehow justifies taking time to make a thread about it) to dictate your life and continue to be hurt by inconsequential media bullshit. Oh, the pain!

Whoa there... That is the very problem with media today: nobody cares. Only when people care does anything get done. You act like nothing is wrong, but I see several serious problems, ranging from loss of creativity to absolute moral depravity, Issues must be handled, not ignored.

Old 05 May 2005   #8
I'm sorry but regardless of the ethical/moral issues apparent i just think this commercial is CRAP. The only reason they made it with paris hilton is so that people would at least talk about it. Unfortunately, nobody talks about the burger, everyone talks about the girl. Or maybe the car. But not about the burger.

They could have made a simple commercial for 10% of the budget that would have made a lot more impact on their burger sales imo. Look at mcdonalds -- you always know what the commercial is about, it is cheap, it is simple and it focuses on the product.

It is crap. And Paris has a horse's head anyway.

E.

Old 05 May 2005   #9
Heehaw heehaw.

Old 05 May 2005   #10
Its making me something...

and its not Hungry.

Old 05 May 2005   #11
AH! totally brainless....most wasted 60 seconds ever!A hilton commercial paid by a burger company.

I never recognized a bigger hype around a young women whose dullness is unreachable for the next hundred years. But worse is the fact the surrounding wants to see such people.

There are uncountable of inteligent beauties around the world worth looking at. I better keep watching them.

fahrija

Last edited by Fahrija : 05 May 2005 at 12:11 PM.

Old 05 May 2005   #12
I second that. The only talent this Barbie-impersonation has is the money of her family.

Panem et circenses.

Old 05 May 2005   #13
Hey, hey, hey, watch what you say about Barbie, she's got more class in her plastic pinky than Paris could get in a lifetime.

Old 05 May 2005   #14
Ken, is that you?

Sorry, didn't meant to say smth bad about Barbie, you're right I think.

Paris Hilton always makes me act like my avatar.

Old 05 May 2005   #15
that was quite tasteless..

I liked the.... spray on the screen...

Thread Closed share thread