CGTalk > Main > News
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2005, 02:53 PM   #1
isigraphics
isimaxer
 
isigraphics's Avatar
Ismail ÷zalbayrak
student
Hfbk Hamburg
Hamburg, Germany
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 120
Send a message via ICQ to isigraphics
Official Nintendo Revolution News (+logo concepts)

Quote:
Nintendo Reveals Early Details About Revolution

May 13, 2005

Big things to come in small package

Nintendo, the world leader in video game innovation, stated loud and clear that they are not to be overlooked in the next generation home console race with the revelation of several unique features of the company's next console system, code name Revolution, to key media outlets. According to the early information, Revolution will combine powerful technology and gaming-focused features in Nintendo's smallest home game console yet.



In its final form, Revolution will be about the thickness of three standard DVD cases and only slightly longer. The versatile Revolution will play either horizontally or vertically, allowing the user total flexibility in setting up a gaming session wherever they have a television.



Thanks to Nintendo's hardware development partners IBM and ATI, the small system will be packed with power that will enable it to wow players with its graphics. Nintendo's legions of loyal fans will be happy to learn that Revolution will be backward compatible, playing both Nintendo GameCube 8cm disks along with its own 12cm optical disks in the same self-loading media drive.



In the next generation, the addition of the Internet will be important to all consoles and particularly important to Nintendo. Revolution will be wireless Internet ready out of the box.



There's much more to Revolution that will be revealed over the coming months, but the combination of its compact size, wireless Internet, backward compatibility, quick start-up time and quiet, low-power operation add up to the start of a great game system. Get ready for the Nintendo Revolution in 2006!


source: nintendo.com
__________________
visit my website...!!!

Last edited by isigraphics : 05-15-2005 at 03:45 PM.
 
Old 05-14-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
Hazdaz
Lord of the posts
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,753
Meh.

Who the hell cares how small a console it - it's still attached to your TV.

Let's see what kind of power it has - it's size means nothing.
 
Old 05-14-2005, 06:42 PM   #3
agreenster
Stinky Face
 
agreenster's Avatar
portfolio
Adam Green
Animator
Walt Disney Animation Studios
Burbank, USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,221
Send a message via Yahoo to agreenster
Yeah, I dont get that?? I dont care if its the size of a buick, I just want it to do stuff that the PS3 or XBox360 cant! I thought "Revolution" had to do with gameplay, not living room decoration.
__________________
www.willanimateforfood.net
 
Old 05-14-2005, 07:42 PM   #4
cmc
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 52
Size is an important factor in Japan where space is very limited. It also make it quite portable. Like when you need to carry the whole console to other place easily.

Maybe it also save cost in transporting the shipment and this saving may pass to consumer.

Last edited by cmc : 05-14-2005 at 07:45 PM.
 
Old 05-14-2005, 08:02 PM   #5
Hazdaz
Lord of the posts
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc
Size is an important factor in Japan where space is very limited. It also make it quite portable. Like when you need to carry the whole console to other place easily.

Maybe it also save cost in transporting the shipment and this saving may pass to consumer.


I really think you're pulling at strings there.


This is just an announcement from N so they don't get lost and forgetten in all the hyper over the XB360 and weeks before that, the PSP. Seems like most people have written off N as a viable console maker - if that is an unfair prediction or not, we shall see soon enough.

It's actually kinda funnay that their next console is about the size of a DVD case, cuz I saw an animation on another site of a "concept" next-gen Nintendo system that actually would have given XB360 and PS3 a run for it's money mostly cuz of it's innovative design. You wore part of it and it had sensors to let you interact through motion detection - very interesting concept... too bad the real Revolution will probably be nothign like the "concept".
 
Old 05-14-2005, 08:24 PM   #6
heavyness
can't stop progress...
 
heavyness's Avatar
portfolio
Rick Kolesar
Seattle, WA, USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,266
Send a message via MSN to heavyness
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreenster
Yeah, I dont get that?? I dont care if its the size of a buick, I just want it to do stuff that the PS3 or XBox360 cant! I thought "Revolution" had to do with gameplay, not living room decoration.


if you don't care how big it is, why comment?...

nintendo isn't going to release any good info on a press document, they're going to wait for E3 and do the whole song and dance. out of the systems out now, i like Gamecube's design the best. different, simple, and it worked.
__________________
.rick | heavyness.com
 
Old 05-14-2005, 09:26 PM   #7
lildragon
Enter the Forum Leader
 
lildragon's Avatar
CGSociety Member
portfolio
Tito Belgrave
Character Artist - Freelance
Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,577
Send a message via Yahoo to lildragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreenster
I dont care if its the size of a buick,


You say that, but you don't mean it. Imagine a console the weight and size of a 32" tele, you would care. Yeah I know that's an exaggeration, but heck you said buick Size does really play a part especially with all the oversized HDTV's coupled with reciever's DVD/VCR players and whateva else clammering for space in your entertainment unit. Why do you think the 360 is made to stand up are lie flat?

I love the portability and size of the new slim PSTwo.

-lild
 
Old 05-14-2005, 09:30 PM   #8
Geta-Ve
Jee-Tah-Vee
 
Geta-Ve's Avatar
portfolio
Michael Jarvis
Freelance Modeller
Canada
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 5,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildragon
You say that, but you don't mean it. Imagine a console the weight and size of a 32" tele, you would care. Yeah I know that's an exaggeration, but heck you said buick Size does really play a part especially with all the oversized HDTV's coupled with reciever's DVD/VCR players and whateva else clammering for space in your entertainment unit. Why do you think the 360 is made to stand up are lie flat?

I love the portability and size of the new slim PSTwo.

-lild


back from the dead?!

anyways ya, size is pretty important especially in japan......... (wait for it......) haha Im kidding.

but for consoles its cool that its gonna be small..
__________________
Art Station - Tumblr
 
Old 05-14-2005, 09:55 PM   #9
Nightez
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazdaz
Meh.

Who the hell cares how small a console it - it's still attached to your TV.

Let's see what kind of power it has - it's size means nothing.

An upgrade in power is standard with every generation of consoles. They dont need to repeat what is well known.
 
Old 05-14-2005, 10:10 PM   #10
lildragon
Enter the Forum Leader
 
lildragon's Avatar
CGSociety Member
portfolio
Tito Belgrave
Character Artist - Freelance
Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,577
Send a message via Yahoo to lildragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta-Ve
back from the dead?!



Heh, everyone seems to be saying that these days I'm around almost daily, just not posting like previous years

-lild
 
Old 05-14-2005, 10:12 PM   #11
Geta-Ve
Jee-Tah-Vee
 
Geta-Ve's Avatar
portfolio
Michael Jarvis
Freelance Modeller
Canada
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 5,475
well since you are posting lemme ask you something i been meaning to ask for a few years..... did you make that in your avatar? cuz thats sooo cute.. haha

cheers
__________________
Art Station - Tumblr
 
Old 05-14-2005, 11:39 PM   #12
Gamoron
Lord of the posts
 
Gamoron's Avatar
Todd A McCullough
3D/2D Artist
Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,341
I love the backwards compatibility. Very sweet indeed. I'd really like to hold out for the Revolution. Hopefully the 360's first crop of games are shit. Nintendo needs its fans now more then ever, so they better deliver.


EDIT: I hope they add some unique and original features to their online play, so that I can block out all the annoying pimply teenaged shit heads that squeal their taunts into my ear when I play online.
 
Old 05-15-2005, 01:32 AM   #13
heavyness
can't stop progress...
 
heavyness's Avatar
portfolio
Rick Kolesar
Seattle, WA, USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,266
Send a message via MSN to heavyness
so if both Nintendo and Microsoft deliver with great systems and games, does this leave any room for Sony?

think about, the only person that can hurt Nintendo is Nintendo. if they don't deliver awesome first party games, then they will suffer. doesn't matter how many halos, gran turismos, jak and dexters, metal gear solids the other two sell, Nintendo always can pull one of their flagships out and sell enough to make a profit. look how many people are buying a Gamecube AGAIN for the new Zelda.

and if Microsoft delivers everything they are offering [a full multimedia system, online everything, and enough power to choke a horse] will there be any room for the PS3 next to your tv? with Sony scattering to get the PS3 out this year and the flop of the PSX, is Sony starting to worry?


[i'm not knocking the PS3, i'm buying every system]
__________________
.rick | heavyness.com
 
Old 05-15-2005, 02:27 AM   #14
ShadowHunter
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 136
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamoron
EDIT: I hope they add some unique and original features to their online play, so that I can block out all the annoying pimply teenaged shit heads that squeal their taunts into my ear when I play online.
Quoted for significance
 
Old 05-15-2005, 03:11 PM   #15
iocomposer
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kole
so if both Nintendo and Microsoft deliver with great systems and games, does this leave any room for Sony?

think about, the only person that can hurt Nintendo is Nintendo. if they don't deliver awesome first party games, then they will suffer. doesn't matter how many halos, gran turismos, jak and dexters, metal gear solids the other two sell, Nintendo always can pull one of their flagships out and sell enough to make a profit. look how many people are buying a Gamecube AGAIN for the new Zelda.

and if Microsoft delivers everything they are offering [a full multimedia system, online everything, and enough power to choke a horse] will there be any room for the PS3 next to your tv? with Sony scattering to get the PS3 out this year and the flop of the PSX, is Sony starting to worry?


I'm sure I'm misunderstanding your question. Sony is the market leader over MS and N by a LARGE margin.
 
Thread Closed share thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.