Nintendo revolution concept

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2005   #1
Nintendo revolution concept

this is probably a fake but danm it would be so sweet..

http://c.streamingmovies.ign.com/cu...utionmockup.wmv

Old 05 May 2005   #2
woah, that woudl be cool!
i'll go ahead and keepo my fingers crossed. but your probably right = /

Old 05 May 2005   #3
hey does yours end at mario running?

anyways that was freakin insane!

i know it probably isnt it but if it was.. wow... and that vid was soooo well put together. damn that music and arg so awesome!

i want

Old 05 May 2005   #4
Yup. Mine ends when Mario starts running. Looks like Marios been to the gym too

I remember in an interview some Nintendo VP said Sony and Microsoft aren't doing anything bad they are just doing the same thing and he "implied" Nintendo's next system was going to do something different. This looks pretty damn different to me. *Finger's Crossed*

Old 05 May 2005   #5
o man! if that things real, o man....

Old 05 May 2005   #6
ya this is the kind of step that gaming needs to take.

I have also heard the rumours that nintendo was saying your either going to love it or hate it. plus they dont expect much third party support..

so either way its going to be.. well.. revolutionary.. hopefully..

Old 05 May 2005   #7
Originally Posted by Geta-Ve: ya this is the kind of step that gaming needs to take.

I have also heard the rumours that nintendo was saying your either going to love it or hate it. plus they dont expect much third party support..

so either way its going to be.. well.. revolutionary.. hopefully..

yea i hope so, i aint a fanboy but i have noticed that nintendo have really been incharge of making the video game industry progress, with regards to inovation. Sometimes i think that they get a raw deal from press and casual gamers.

Old 05 May 2005   #8
The video looks legit actually, except for the Mario part, Mario looks too weird But otherwise it is very possible.

Old 05 May 2005   #9
Originally Posted by Phil "Osirus": The video looks legit actually, except for the Mario part, Mario looks too weird But otherwise it is very possible.

i belive it is possible but this isnt the official nintendo shot of it, and considering tehy already gave out details on what the size and shape will be i doubt that this will be it. However nintendo always know how to surprise us

Old 05 May 2005   #10
That video had me literally ROFL by the time the helmet came out. I was like "DON'T PUT IT ON YER HEAD!! DON'T PUT IT ON YER HEAD!! OH NO! THEY PUT IT ON THE HEAD!!!" :lol:

It's an incredibly fancy fan video, with superb production values, but the "core concept" is pretty damn stupid. Good for tons of laugh though, and worth the download.

Old 05 May 2005   #11
It had me going there for a little while. To me it looks like some company's video pitch to nintendo for a design of the casing. Both Samus and Mario looked a little weak.

If this is fanboy stuff, that person has too much time on their hands.

Old 05 May 2005   #12
WHOA! I started out as a HUGE Nintendo fan w/ the NES & GameBoy. But eventually, I lost all interest - and faith - in the company w/ the N64 (no hot 3rd party exclusives, no games), and even more so w/ the GameCube (same deal). This video, which suggests virtual realty - actually being *IN* the game, in the confines of your own living room (and not having to go to the arcades and pay outrageous sums of money) - is, indeed, the next evolution (or revolution) in the gaming industry.

If this is proven to be true, my faith is back w/ Nintendo. It definitely has high-production values and seems it could be legit, I agree. However, the system itself just seems like it doesn't fit w/ the rest of the video. It looks way too CG. Also, for laughs, check out 3:42 - :45. Is it just me, or does this look like a gratuitous shot of someone's butt crack (a BIG fat butt crack)?

In any event, I'm hoping that this is actually the new Nintendo system. Bring on the Revolution!

Old 05 May 2005   #13
thtas amazing... GO NINTENDO

i was a hardcore xbox2 fanboy until just a second ago.. i still am, but huge respect to nintendo. thats so creative, and niche... luvly design... at least theyve tried to do something with it, wether people like it or not.... hats off hah

i hope this is legit, and im thinking it might be... theres way too much clever stuff in there, and perticular information that u get, that i dont imagine a fraudster could think of it all....

only thing is, it looks like a toaster??..

Old 05 May 2005   #14
that would be really cool indeed , I guess they'll start selling "gamers insurance" too for people who keep running into walls headlong and accidentally jumping off the window while playing mario

Old 05 May 2005   #15
Originally Posted by Sheep Factory: that would be really cool indeed , I guess they'll start selling "gamers insurance" too for people who keep running into walls headlong and accidentally jumping off the window while playing mario

exactly what i was thinking. MAn it woudl eb so cool though to have that setup, with two guns with radar placement sensors or what ever, so you actualy aim it in space. course i'd ahve to by a new gun every other week cause i'd spin it aroudn and smash it into the wall wall trying to dodge bullets

Thread Closed share thread