Chicago area?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #1
Chicago area?

Anyone in the Chicago metro area? I'd love to do my share to see if we could get something organized locally.

Old 04 April 2005   #2
I spend most summers in the lansing area. (I grew up there, moved to Ireland) If you get together some people, I might be able to make it!? Who knows!

Old 05 May 2005   #3
I'm in!

I know there are a few Chicago area people in here. I'm definitely up for it if we've got enough people interested.

Old 05 May 2005   #4
Thumbs up

I'm over in the Northeast suburbs. I would be interested.

Old 05 May 2005   #5
I'm in Crown Point (IN) pretty close to Chicago. I'm in the city quite a bit with Emisis, we're gonna be at the Double Door thursday night (May 5th).

Old 05 May 2005   #6
Alright. This is starting to look promising. Do any of you know anyone else in the area that might be interested?

Old 05 May 2005   #7
I'm about 2 hours away right now in South Bend, IN. Not close enough to be tons of help at the moment, but I'm willing to drive in for any meetings or events.

Old 05 May 2005   #8
Alright! It looks like we've got enough people to do this. Although it would be cool if we could find a few more.

paperclip - when will you be back in town?

Old 05 May 2005   #9
Yes, I'm surprised there aren't more people. But we have enough maybe to start. We can always meet somewhere in the middle of where everyone seems to be. Otherwise, I don't mind driving to wherever we wind up.

Old 05 May 2005   #10
Possibly mid july, altho I won't have a car, so it'll have to be accessible by public transport

Old 05 May 2005   #11
Well, I'm about an hour west of the city. So, It seems that downtown Chicago somewhere may be our best bet. I'll do a little research to figure out where might be a good place.

Unless anyone else has an idea? Sequent, where are you located?

paperclip - Would you be near a Metra line?

Old 05 May 2005   #12
I could probably get into Chicago, but it's travelling within Chicago that's the problem. It sounds as if you are going to hold the meeting IN Chicago- I think that's a great idea.

What would we be doing in the meetings though?

Old 05 May 2005   #13
Ha Ha. Good question. I guess that's something we'd better figure out before we schedule a meeting.

Old 05 May 2005   #14
Hey there!

THIS is what I was looking for!

I'm on the far north west side (not far from the Jefferson Park station) and commute to the east burbs for work.

Somewhere just outside of Downtown Chicago would be awesome... somewhere parkable?

Just in general, how do these things work? Do we just get together and discuss CG and what we're up to, and crochet pointers...

Old 05 May 2005   #15
I'm in Jefferson Park too. If the meeting is downtown I might just take the train. Otherwise, yes - somewhere parkable.

As to what we do... well what DO we do, lol?

Here are some thoughts... the first meeting we can basically introduce ourselves? Find out what people are up to, where we're coming from, what programs we're using, that kind of thing. Maybe do a little show and tell?

Thread Closed share thread