Massachusetts/Rhode Island Chapter

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
Massachusetts/Rhode Island Chapter

Anyone from the Boston/Providence area?

I don't know if I could run it but I would definitely be interested in joining. I'm located in Quincy just south of Boston, I'm also in Rhode Island a lot because I have family there.

Anyone Interested?

04 April 2005
I think we could also pickup S. New Hampshire and Western Conn.

I'm in, and actually would love to take a part in organizing it, but wouldn't be able to lead it either, at least presently.

On a VFX Hiatus

04 April 2005
Hey, I live in Brookline, MA. Its basically inside Boston. I'm not sure if I could offer too much artistically at this point (I'm a noob). But, I would be more than willing to join.

04 April 2005
Cool, I mentioned this in another thread...good to see some of us around.

I remember JDex and I, along with some other ppl were trying to get something for New Englanders together a while ago. It never turned out. I would also like to help in organizing this.

How often would everyone like to rendezvous? What kind of things would we do to be fitting of a CG Society chapter? Where would be the best place?

Not sure if all of you know, but www.bostonpostmortem.org puts on monthly meetings. They also usually have guest speakers and special events.

We also need more people willing to participate in the MA/RI (other New Englanders) chapter if we want to take advantage of the special benefits Leonard has proposed here... http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=234604

Last edited by Rkhon : 04 April 2005 at 04:55 PM.

04 April 2005
Quote: How often would everyone like to rendezvous? What kind of things would we do to be fitting of a CG Society chapter? Where would be the best place?

I'm open to just about anything. As to how often, I guess that would depend on how much of a response we get from us New Englanders. Once we get a list of interested people we should vote on a places and times. I personally rather do this kind of thing on the weekend. But I'm free really anytime.

05 May 2005
Well I count four... before this falls off the page I'll ask:

Anyone else from the area?

I'd like to see 8+ before we start something up. Perhaps the first meeting should be pretty informal... beers/coffee in bean town or something. Weekends will be tough for me, so I'm not sure where I'll be able to fit into all this.

On a VFX Hiatus

05 May 2005
Yeah, I agree....we need more people seriously interested. Another idea comes to mind. I could try to see if any of the conceptart.org folks would be interested, I've met alot of them and we all have the same interests, more or less.

As for meeting up, even if its the four of us, we could attend the monthly www.bostonpostmortem.org get together which seems to be game industry enthusiasts and professionals mingling over drinks and food with special events/speakers. Its also another way to get more people interested.

05 May 2005
Hello Guys.. I'm Jacque' I live in Boston.(Go Redsox!) Of course interested in this chapter.

05 May 2005
I'm from MA as well. Good to see some other massholes in the ranks. I'm down from a meet.

www.jumpinmyhead.com

the artist makes the art not the brush.

05 May 2005
Awesome up to six now!!! I know there are more out there! How old is everyone? (Just to see if bars and pubs are cool or not.)

05 May 2005
XXVI (26 for the non-romans)

On a VFX Hiatus

05 May 2005
I honestly just had to stop and think about how old I was, then I wasn't sure. But I did the math...

<--- 27

Last edited by Maven : 05 May 2005 at 05:10 PM.

05 May 2005
28 years young.

www.jumpinmyhead.com

the artist makes the art not the brush.

05 May 2005
Nice, I'm 21. So far we are all good for bars and such.

Now we need to think of a way to get more people interested or aware of the chapter and what we are about. Lets start brainstorming ways of advertisement (like posting pamplets, etc at local places, or hitting up other online communities) and what it is that we will do at chapter meetings. Maybe work on a project...game mod, short animation, promotional stuff for cgtalk, etc.

Share your thoughts!

05 May 2005
Hi all, im going to be living in NH for a while till i move to Arlington, but sign me up as well!

My New Page! www.rj3d.net

Thread Closed share thread