Seattle Chapter

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
Seattle Chapter

I know kole has done some seattle ctalk meetings and such... so we need to start a Seattle cgsociety chapter. I just moved up here, and am going to the art institute... I love cg, and helping organize and start a chapter would be great. Meeting people is always fun, and I need more to do than school and work. It's driving me nuts!
Hope to hear from some of you fellow Seattle... seattleites? seattleans? ...

--Solitude--

05 May 2005
I'll happily participate. We've got quite a few people kicking around this town between the east and west side.

-L

05 May 2005
sweet... finally a reply! hehe... yeah I'm sure it shouldn't be too hard, once cgsociety gets more and more members... but i'm curious about linking cgsociety with the "standard" cgtalk members --- i know that sounds lame... but i'm curious about what cgsociety members would do different without them

05 May 2005
I'd love to participate, being a Seattlite myself. Unfortunately I'll be attending VFS in BC for the next two years. Perhaps I can get a Vancouver chapter rolling in the meantime and join the Seattle chapter when I move back stateside in '07.

05 May 2005
Count bentllama, in.

bentllama can even talk in 3rd person at the meetings if you like.

bentllama likes talking in 3rd person.

05 May 2005
Solitude like 3rd person... he thinks bentllama should definetly do the 3rd person thing

05 May 2005
the kole didn't see this CGSociety Chapter section. the kole apologizes.

i'm all in. i'll do as much as possible to get this rolling and a success. i'll start IM'ing the people that were at the last meeting and have them post in this thread. i'm also trying to round up some software companies to show up and of course looking for fellow CGTalk'ers to talk about/demonstrate their crafts. i'm hoping this year that the meeting surpasses everyone's expectations.

05 May 2005
Originally Posted by kole: i'm hoping this year that the meeting surpasses everyone's expectations.

Ditto -- hence the reason I "started" this chapter. So the question becomes, I guess, do we make anything different for cgsociety members over standard cgtalk users?

05 May 2005
seattle society members get to play secret unreleased bungie games.

05 May 2005
Originally Posted by bentllama: seattle society members get to play secret unreleased bungie games.

oh snap!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

05 May 2005
that sounds like a good benefit =)

05 May 2005
I'd love to join too, my time is pretty limited though, what with the wife, kid, job, and hell commute to Bothell and all. Not sure what I can bring to the table though.

05 May 2005
It's not a biggie dougbot -- i have school, work, and an internship project -- we'll all do what we can, and if we can't do anything to contribute, then that's fine too... you can just suck in all the benefits when we figure out what we're gonna do as a chapter. We need more members though. I was thinking for one of the first meetings we could all meet up at this place called nexus cafe. it's on 2nd and lenora downtown, and it's got like 10-20 xbox's with 27 inch tvs in the back room, and lots of other board games and such -- i'm sure it'd be fun for us to all get together and meet each other.

--Solitude--

05 May 2005
doug, everybody brings something to the table...even kole

love,
smarmy

05 May 2005
well I'm going to keep an eye here, not in seattle, but being a mod in Vancouver I'm going to have to be involved in getting something started there, and first thing I'd do is make sure to have close contact with our closest neighbour. Bent shoudl have to get back in touch with his Canadian side anyways.

Thread Closed share thread