Master and Servant 2D Entry: Naomi Covacs

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
Master and Servant 2D Entry: Naomi Covacs

Naomi Covacs has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Concept Sketch: tempus fugit

Okay, here's my idea: time.
It Never stops. May be relative, but never stops. And it will never bend to our whims and fancies.
It just keeps going.

At first i thought i would portray the usual old geezer with long long beard, and hair, walking along on sand, hourglasses and stuff... i may go back to that idea, but i wanted to try something different. This is just a first sketch.

What i am trying to do is play with symbolic elements within this almost shadow-box-like illustration, if i may say so. The human figure representing living creatures (human, or not), wondering about life, about what she can accomplish, dreams and such. She only has one wing, because she tries to catch up with time flying by, but we can't really keep up with it. She will be in a room, where the wallpaper is all old and eaten up, full of things, books, spiderwebs, a little hourglass, old toys, certificates, and such. maybe an almost burnt-out candle in the background. Everything very dusty, very old, contrasting on how young and refreshing she is, and the full life she still has ahead.

Time goes by, life and death becomes a cycle. And we are all in the middle of this all.

"ti-i-i-ime is on my side! yes it is!"
no it's not! :D

what d'ya think? tell me.

04 April 2005
holy deadline, batman!

aight, let's see if i can pull this off!!
And when i say "pull this off", i mean "meeting the dealine"
I see all this cool work coming along around this network, it's even embarrassing i even considered signing up. haha!
I should be uploading something by tomorrow morning.
Ah well, wish me a "good luck, sport!" please! or not!
kissies!

04 April 2005
Good luck!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

My portfolio: www.einarlunden.com
My webcomic, Cock and Bull: www.cocknbull.net

04 April 2005
"good luck, sport!"

i'm looking forward to see your challenge!

cheers, missy!

04 April 2005
Concept Sketch: tempus fugit

Okay, here's my idea: time.
It Never stops. May be relative, but never stops. And it will never bend to our whims and fancies.
It just keeps going.

At first i thought i would portray the usual old geezer with long long beard, and hair, walking along on sand, hourglasses and stuff... i may go back to that idea, but i wanted to try something different. This is just a first sketch.

What i am trying to do is play with symbolic elements within this almost shadow-box-like illustration, if i may say so. The human figure representing living creatures (human, or not), wondering about life, about what she can accomplish, dreams and such. She only has one wing, because she tries to catch up with time flying by, but we can't really keep up with it. She will be in a room, where the wallpaper is all old and eaten up, full of things, books, spiderwebs, a little hourglass, old toys, certificates, and such. maybe an almost burnt-out candle in the background. Everything very dusty, very old, contrasting on how young and refreshing she is, and the full life she still has ahead.

Time goes by, life and death becomes a cycle. And we are all in the middle of this all.

"ti-i-i-ime is on my side! yes it is!"
no it's not! :D

what d'ya think? tell me.

04 April 2005
hey hey hey!!
I`m glad you're here ya know? sure ya know!

know you can make the concept a little bit clearer... I didn't quite understand what the one winged angel girl has to do with the time going by...
or you can explain it and make me feel like "aaaaaaaaahh bom... que burro da zero pra ele"

04 April 2005
diego - thank you, and you are absolutely right. it's not making any sense at all. i think i got the concept idea flowing alright, but i haven't managed to get it down on paper. aye me.
well, it's good creative exercise. heavens know i'm all up for it. hell doth knows it too.
"olha ele! olha ele! olha ele! - conta tudo pra sua mãe, flistrus!"

04 April 2005
nice to see you around again, looking good and liking the idea, hope u finish this time

04 April 2005
Smile

sou tosco mesmo... então escrevo em português.

tá muito bonito, gosto mais do desenho da direita.
se me permite um comentário: acho que está muito reto o desenho, de frente ou de lado...
creio que tu podes explorar outro angulo...enfim...era isso

continue, bom trabalho e boa sorte!

05 May 2005
Cool

I just was very curious on what you went for after i seen your website i really love your way to draw, so hopefully you take your work over to the Work in progress section and finnish it up as a wondefull colorfull work! keep it up, and i'm looking forward to see more of your very sweet and great designs! keep up your great work,

05 May 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread