Mac OS X Tiger and OpenGL

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #1
Mac OS X Tiger and OpenGL

Was wondering if the OpenGL enhancements in Mac OS X Tiger will have an impact on the viewport update in C4D 9? Are there any major compatibility issues with the new OS?

Thx

Old 04 April 2005   #2
From what I am hearing, Apple is taking Open GL seriously now after all the negative press of Doom 3 performance on the Mac (and rightfully so, IMO). They are hiring an Open GL senior programmer to make Apple's version "the best implementation in the business".

Translation- it may not be any major difference in 10.4. In the future I would look for Apple's Open GL to step up (or at least improve), but don't expect Cinema performance to go through the roof with the upgrade to Tiger.

Of course if I am wrong, I will be oh so happy. My next computer purchase will have Tiger pre-installed.

Old 04 April 2005   #3
hahahahaha, Mac upgrade open GL? Promise all you want apple I won't believe it until I can quite literatlly hold it in my hands. Or something like that lol.

Old 04 April 2005   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread