Corel Painter IX Art Pen Brush Pack

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #1
Corel Painter IX Art Pen Brush Pack

Hey everyone, It looks like its Christmas early! Corel has released a upgrade for its Painter software, which adds a lot of new features for the Wacom 6D tablets!

Quote: Corel has introduced the Corel Painter IX Art Pen Brush Pack, a collection of new Corel Painter IX brushes that take advantage of the new Wacom 6D Art Pen to provide a heightened level of realism in digital art. Corel is offering the Corel Painter IX Art Pen Brush Pack to customers as a free download.

Built to take advantage of the new Wacom 6D Art Pen, the Corel Painter IX Art Pen Brush Pack gives artists greater control over their brush strokes. When used together with the Wacom 6D Art Pen, these brushes not only respond to the x- and y-axes, tilt, bearing, and remarkable pressure sensitivity that Corel Painter is known for, but also add the extra dimension of barrel rotation, making the digital painting experience more natural.

- Thin Smooth Calligraphy Brush: This brush gives the user the experience of working with a broad and stiff calligraphy pen that enables them to control the thickness of the stroke as they rotate their hand. Designed to behave like a traditional calligraphy pen, the artist is able to roll the nib of the pen, and can move the stroke through a full 360 degree rotation.

- Grainy Calligraphy Brush: This brush emulates a tapered and springy calligraphy pen that enables the artist to control the thickness of the stroke as they rotate their hand. Designed to behave like a traditional calligraphy pen, rotation and pressure work together to create strokes, and the pen can move through a full 360 degree rotation. This pen provides a 'grainy' effect, allowing the texture of the paper or canvas to come through.

- Soft Flat Oils Brush: This brush replicates the feeling and movement of a traditional flat brush with long soft bristles used with oil paint. The individual bristles on this brush respond to the movement of the painter's hand.

- Square Grainy Pastel Brush: This brush captures the experience of using a square piece of hard pastel. Using this brush, artists can control the stroke thickness and character of their pastel stroke with the movement and rotation of their hand. Pressure changes the opacity and the amount of grain from the paper or canvas that shows through. This brush is capable of 360 degree rotation.

- Tapered Gouache Brush: This brush replicates the feeling and movement of a traditional tapered brush with gouache paint. Individual bristles respond to the hand's rotation and pressure.

>>LINK to story<<
>>LINK to to more info<<
>>LINK to download page<<<

Last edited by DevilHacker : 04 April 2005 at 10:31 PM.

Old 04 April 2005   #2
has anyone bit the bullet and bought one of these pens ? Is a bit pricey for a fat style pen

Old 04 April 2005   #3
Originally Posted by Youngcat: has anyone bit the bullet and bought one of these pens ? Is a bit pricey for a fat style pen

I'd buy one right now if they worked with my TabletPC.

Argh, I feel like the underdog here using one of these things.

Old 04 April 2005   #4
hmm... where is the download update though? it's not on either link posted or on the site anywhere i can see...

Old 04 April 2005   #5
Originally Posted by mdme_sadie: hmm... where is the download update though? it's not on either link posted or on the site anywhere i can see...

Sorry, I posted the wrong link to the download page!
First post has been updated!

Old 04 April 2005   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread