Master and Servant 2D Entry: christopher pridgen

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #1
Master and Servant 2D Entry: christopher pridgen

christopher pridgen has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: The Swarm!

Thanks to everyone!

THE SWARM. The hive has gotten to big. its time for the Queen to find a new place. In a rush of activity and noise, she leaves the old hive with a large contingent of bees. Behind in the care of a new younger Queen, the old hive will continue to thrive with an emerging brood and the bees returning from their daily work.
Following her scouts, the Queen frequently rests. She will do this several times, before she again sits as MASTER of the Hive.

Last edited by Samuraikuroi : 04 April 2005 at 06:14 AM.

Old 04 April 2005   #2
Concept Sketch: The swarm.

The hive has gotten to big. its time for the Queen to find a new place. In a rush of activity and noise, she leaves the old hive with a large contingent of bees. Behind in the care of a new younger Queen, the old hive will continue to thrive with an emerging brood and the bees returning from their daily work.

Just trying out a idea.....Looking for some feed back.......I also see someone else has a female/bee theme on here, but I think mine is approaching it from a different angle. But if its believed iam takeing his/her ideal ill gladly think off something else. 'sides at this point its only a concept sketch....So....let me know.....thanks!

Old 04 April 2005   #3
Coloring WIP: the swarm

Following her scouts, the Queen frequently rests. She will do this several times, before she again sits as MASTER of the Hive.

I decided to stay with this concept. and start to flush out the background.

Old 04 April 2005   #4
Your pics don't seem to have uploaded properly & there's just the small thumbnail images working at the moment, but from these it looks really good- nice figure drawing & I love the earthy tones & transparency in the colour sketch.

The composition is subtle & the colour 'stripes' idea is clever, but possibly too subtle for the purposes of this contest I reckon. You should have a go at experimenting with more dynamic layouts, & maybe you could mix some abstracted forms with the realistic figure a la Klimt.

Old 04 April 2005   #5
Thank you very much Matt for the kind words and the tips. iam still building up the background hopefully it will start coming together. Iam very new on this site and iam have trouble up-loading a good size picture ( if anyone can point me in the right direction to figure this out, i'd be very grateful )

Old 04 April 2005   #6
Coloring WIP: The Swarm WIP

bonjour! hallo! privet! ciao! and hello to all the Cg talk members.
OK...starting on the fun part of this work! skin coloring! its sooooooo hard to get right. but i have time so....iam just going to take my time, and look over everyones shoulder for tips!!!!

Old 04 April 2005   #7
hi

excellent line drawings, looks like your good with colour too!
gl

Old 04 April 2005   #8
ok first of all im alergic to bees soo
second this is some serious painting u r doing there there is a hint of klimt in ur style

Old 04 April 2005   #9
'Ello 'ello! Joe, thanks for the kind words! Hvala lijepa! Stjepan.

Old 04 April 2005   #10
I like the initial idea but I think the viewer might get lost with you character looking like a real woman an those being normal bees. The painting is really good but just work on the connection factor a bit.

Old 04 April 2005   #11
Thanks for the input Lamair. A buddy of mine pointed out the samething to me ( people not getting the connection visually ) so iam thinking of changeing somethings .....will see.

My website

Old 04 April 2005   #12
Hi Christopher, Nice work man. I really like your concept and composition. I like the way she is framed within the piece. Can't wait to see more of this. Great work.

T.
My Master & servant : http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=222506

My Web Site : www.tariqart.com

Old 04 April 2005   #13
Thanks Tariq Raheem! loveing your Master and Servent piece. This is my first post for
CG talk. Iam loveing this site!!

Old 04 April 2005   #14
Coloring WIP: The swarm

Zdravo! Privet! Domo Domo! Ciao! Hola! and hello! Once again to all the CG Talk members.
Building up more color on our Queen. flushing out the hair a bit. The weekend coming up, so ill have more time to spend on this piece. ( And more time to look at all the other fine art on this site. )

My humble website:
http://www.geocities.com/irasuto2000/

Old 04 April 2005   #15
Your doing a really good job so far, can't wait to see it finished.

Thread Closed share thread