Master and Servant 2D Entry: Eric Thunfors

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
Master and Servant 2D Entry: Eric Thunfors

Eric Thunfors has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Final image (as opposed to color)

Hmm. guess i gotta upload it again in the right category. well, here its again. (sorry)

Last edited by E.T : 03 March 2005 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Just wanna say hi

Old 03 March 2005   #2
hey! gud luck!

Old 03 March 2005   #3
Concept Sketch: First quik concept

Ok this is an infrontofthetvdrawing, so its just an outline of the style im going with. Cartoony.

So what wqould you guys have her ride/control? Bear, Orca or Dragon?
(At the moment im leaning towards orca)

And remote or harness?

I want this to be a really friendly piece. no dark tones, perhaps sad, but definitely not violent. So happy thoughts and happy colours. :)

Old 04 April 2005   #4
hi, nice sketch! i would choose the orca too.
good luck and keep posting!

Old 04 April 2005   #5
well, thou I'm a huge fantasy fan, I'd say dragon, but as far as I can see (from this scratch) it's not a fantasy oriented... So that's even better, put a dragon or some huge bear-man to be remote controlled. That way you'll enchanced even more the power of a little escimolooking master (she is a master, right?), over a HUGE and POWERFULL servant...
So far- it looks nice...

MyMaster&ServanT2D

Old 04 April 2005   #6
Nice sketch, looking cool.

Old 04 April 2005   #7
Concept Sketch: more concepts

more quick and dirty sofawork.

This is somewhat what i had in mind.
compositions will follow immediately

Old 04 April 2005   #8
Concept Sketch: layout idea #1

i started out here but i think perhaps ill go for the next one...

Old 04 April 2005   #9
Concept Sketch: layout #2

think this one is a lot more "punchy".
opinions and crits please!

Im thinking sunset/sunrise colourwise.
Cold blue mixed with gold and pink.

edit: She might have to be smaller though, but theres a problem with the orca being too large compared to her... ill doodle more and see what happens.

Last edited by E.T : 04 April 2005 at 05:59 PM.

Old 04 April 2005   #10
Great sketches so far! I can't even decide which I like better, the side view landscape one or the more frontal shot. They're both good! I'm glad you went with the Orca instead of a Bear: That would have mybe looked too much like "The Golden Compass," even if it were unintentional. And the harness is a much more friendly solution than the remote control. Look forward to seeing your progress on this one... Good luck!

-mike

Old 04 April 2005   #11
Thumbs up

You know... it must seem like I just want to praise EVERYONE on here ... It's so rare that I can post saying that I'm not too keen on a piece...

I can assure you that I'm not a closet foot licker or anything But I do love a great concept and THIS my friends is utterly bottylicious (please excuse the use of the word bootyicious )

If rendered well enough (not seen any of your work yet )I think this is gunna be a really dramatic and fun entry!

I would say that I prefer the side view, without the wide pan... would focus in on the whale and the girl with birds etc.. in the background.

Best of luck
Jimmi

.--=*MY MasterANDservanT 2D*=--.

Last edited by JimmiMak : 04 April 2005 at 09:50 AM. Reason: typo

Old 04 April 2005   #12
Wink

Just noticed your question...

I would say Orca

Jimmi

.--=*MY MasterANDservanT 2D*=--.

Old 04 April 2005   #13
Hey, E.T.

Excellent sketch, I think that few artists in this challenger have made their scenes in the sea, your idea is very original, follows ahead!

(sorry for my english)

Old 04 April 2005   #14
Concept Sketch: smallish update

Ok so this is just a small update to show you where im going with this.

i kind of went crazy with the sky, i just wanted to try out the colours, and i think theyre coming out fairly well.

Still i am aiming for a cartoony style this time, so the sky might have to go to fit into the mood.

So ive been very pressed for time (beeing home with my son in the daytime, and working as a graphic designer in the evenings) That leaves me with a few hours here and there so stay tuned even if the updates are a bit sporadic.

Im gonna do the lineart next, but i surelike crits and ideas especially at this early stage.

/Eric

Old 04 April 2005   #15
oh i forgot the orca is NOT gonna be coloured like that, nothing of this is final just messing about trying to find the mood.

Thread Closed share thread