Master and Servant 3D Entry: Marcus Bastiaanse

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Marcus Bastiaanse

Marcus Bastiaanse has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Final image

Final image

Last edited by Marcusy : 03 March 2005 at 02:18 PM.

03 March 2005
Okay, I've actually been working on this for a few days now. I started working when the comp was started but didn't actually sign up for it until an hour ago. So I'll post here what I've done so far.
Subsequent updates I'll keep further apart so you can see bigger jumps in progress.

Started off with the main wall

Did one of the buildings behind it

Did a different building

Added a bit more detail and put them all together

From here I want to change the camera angle to look over the buildings a bit more. Also because a lot of the details I was putting in ended up behind other things so you couldn't see them!

Alright, that's what I'm up to now. Any crits are more than welcome!

03 March 2005
It's BUTIFUL! No crits so far... eagerly awaiting more

03 March 2005
Dude, thats a long story to tell. Well, I hope you make it Marcusy .

Looks really nice dude. I saw the early renders too. Btw, where is the human character!!??

Take care dude, and keep up the dutch!

AleG

PS: Spanksalot

03 March 2005
Cheers, bro.
Okay, I didn't realise we had to actually show a human character in its entirety.
I'll probably have a poor person sitting down leaning against the fence, staring at the car.

03 March 2005
i really like the look of your becoming scene, cant wait to see when you add that industrial zone on the backround...

03 March 2005
sup marcus.....

first of all "my spoon is too big" second of all "im a banana." lol great work so far man.. keep it up man ill be watching...

-= Man with One Chopstick , Go Hungry =-

03 March 2005
Say, Do you want to go see a movie?

*bookmark*

Like the concept. Will enjoy watching this one progress. I like the idea but I will save my critics until you have a bit more done.

04 April 2005
Hey Marcusy,

you have the idea of making a poor man there. But you mentioned to me some interesting ideas about making the master a rich guy that comes down on his car. What would happen if you twist the idea into making him the servant somehow? Dude, gotta read the instructions. Lucky for you we picked this one early, I wouldn't like to see you spend too much time at the college trying to fix this one up.

Forgot to say in the last post that I really like the feel to the place. Gotta watch for those tiling textures though (yeah, like I can speak). Great feel from the lights as well. Keep it up dude.

04 April 2005
What if I have the car being stopped by a scruffy, slightly mean looking person? One of the poor people who lives here. I can have some other people peering around corners, through windows etc.
The rich guy in the car, who is usually the boss (or master) of the poor workers, is now out of his element and has wandered into their world. Now they are stopping him, possibly to rob and assault him. Suddenly the master is the servant to his ex-servants.
Does that sound okay to you?

04 April 2005
dont know about the others but that sounds good to me.. i say you sketch it out first, post it and then start it..

04 April 2005
Okay, I've done more modelling.

I still need to put more rubbish everywhere, put crack and damage on the road, walls etc.
I've made the lighting so it has more of a "sun down" sort of feel to it.

I'll re-do the concept sketch so it looks more like what I'm going for now. Stay tuned folks! Same CG time, same CG channel!

04 April 2005
It sure is coming along nicely! I like the feel you're going for m8! Just pay a bit more attention to every single detail in there, so that it will be as close to perfect as possible! For example you still haven't gotten rid of the texture tiling there! Anyway, I'm holding my thumbs up for ya Dutch bastard :grin:

Btw: We flew via Amsterdam from Dubai... MAN, I went into some door saying: "Alleen personeel" thinking that that must have been the right gate... but, unfortunately, they kicked me outta there! Geez, Dutch bastards!

04 April 2005
looking great man i agree with loocas fix that tiling .. it looks like you started fixing it.. just a little more on the last buildings roof.. other then that it looks great man.. Fantastic!

04 April 2005
• Looking good pal! are u hosting your images outer this site? I suggest u to post them as milestones with the submit entry procedure, you may get desqualified as i 've know, very good so far! keep 'em comming!

Thread Closed share thread