Master and Servant 3D Entry: SPYROS DIMITROPOULOS

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Master and Servant 3D Entry: SPYROS DIMITROPOULOS

SPYROS DIMITROPOULOS has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: presentation

This is an idea of how i will present the final image.Rendering with mental ray and HDRI.
Any advices are welcome

Last edited by SDIMIS : 04 April 2005 at 09:57 PM.

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: PUNISHMENT

Inspired by the religious scene of the Roman soldier punishing Christ.I selected the particular topic because I beleive is a very dynamic scene,with a twist.The powerfull master becomes with his will the servant and the servant becomes the master.For the viewers, knowing the twist,the soldier becomes a tragic character,without knowing that the power is being given to him by the "servant"!
First time I register in the challenge so any advice will be helpfull.Following two very quick drawings from the enviroment and the two characters.

Last edited by SDIMIS : 03 March 2005 at 08:39 AM.

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: PUNISHMENT

VERY QUICK DRAWINGS OF THE TWO CHARACTERS.

03 March 2005
Modeling: ENVIROMENT

COUPLE OF HOURS TO CREATE AND SET UP THE SCENE AND THE CAMERA.nEXT IT IS THE HUMAN MODELS

03 March 2005
Modeling: The roman soldier's head

Well ,I will try to create exactly the Roman's soldier uniform.I have taken refrences from history books and ...EBAY.Yes, if you check under roman soldier you will find colorfull toys hand painted from Russia that following exactly the uniform customs.His nose is bumpy,reminds me portraits of roman emperors.
Any advice will be appreciated.

03 March 2005
Modeling: MOdeling progress

Now that I remember to save some of the progress I am sending it.Since the roman soldier will have a full armor on his body ,I will use the same human model for the Christ.

03 March 2005
Looking pretty good so far. The only thing that is bothering me is the bump on the arch of the nose is just a little big but just a little. Other wise it looks good.

03 March 2005
Thank you sh@rd for the advice I will touch it up!

03 March 2005
Modeling: progress from armor

Little by little ...but is getting there.My speciality is not in modeling so I am not to fast.But out there they are some realy fast talents.I am affraid that I will be burned out if I try to follow them.Oh well we have 48 more days.Good luck to everyone.

03 March 2005
hey there s.dimis... firs of all compliments to your progress very very cool stuff... my fav thing so far is the melmet looks really good man..the only crit is the top of the ear looks a little too flat and seems a lil wierd in proportion.. but its not bad dont take me wrong looks reall really good.. keep it up.. armour is one of the mose funn things to model man.. awesome dude.. keep it up...!!! ill be watching,keep the updates coming, good luck with the challenge..

-= Man with One Chopstick , Go Hungry =-

03 March 2005
Thank you Neeno,I will pull his ear....,good advice I didnt have notice it.Thank you again.

03 March 2005
hey there dude... no problem man.. keep the updates coming... Looking great man...

-= Man with One Chopstick , Go Hungry =-

03 March 2005
Modeling: Armor progress

sleeves,skirt,pants and I am just finishing the shoes(sandals)

03 March 2005
Modeling: Roman Soldier

Time to go for sleep!

03 March 2005
Just came to subscribe and wish you best luck and loadsa fun. i will read the story tomorrow,am a bit overtired at the moment, but from what i see, you're making a great work and have already put alot of work in here! keep up the great work!
Cheers,

Thread Closed share thread