Master and Servant 2D Entry: Sandeep Sekhar

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Master and Servant 2D Entry: Sandeep Sekhar

Sandeep Sekhar has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Line Art: Layout

Hi everyone..
Sorry for delay but had some other commitments to attend..
There is some change in the composition and this pretty much what i had in mind..
I would post the story and other details as soon as possible...
till then..

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Master and servant

This image is based on characters and backgrounds from my country....I am trying to depict two pairs of master and servant...my first entry to a challenge....c&c are welcome

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: character design

charater design of the muslim owner

03 March 2005
looking good!

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Composition test

still on the composition...the girl and her servant position is finalised....have to the shop owner's servant too.....

03 March 2005
Wink

hi
Originally Posted by sandsekh:

charater design of the muslim owner

the character sketch is coming out good.the way he,s looking at you gives one a feel that he means business! waiting to see the finished work, hey by the way is too early to say that the girls anatomy is slightly off the mark?

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: the girl

the girl position is finalised....working out the pallete...
any comments..

03 March 2005
I like the sketches, yet i'm still unsure..who is the master and who is the servant? It doesn't seem quit clear to me...But other than that welcome to the challenge and goodluck!

03 March 2005
hi

hi coreyarte..my idea was that the girl (the master)is stealing sweets for her servant (the dog) while the owner of the shop is busy shouting at his servant...!..so there will be two pairs..thanks and your work is coming out good too...

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by sandsekh: hi coreyarte..my idea was that the girl (the master)is stealing sweets for her servant (the dog) while the owner of the shop is busy shouting at his servant...!..so there will be two pairs..thanks and your work is coming out good too...

ah I see... Well in that case,

I like your very first concept sketch the most I think it has the best view of whats going on, plus I think it protrays the most feeling. In that sketch it looks like she is in a hurry or in an urgent dilemma. Which is good, but if she's stealing cookies for her dawg to eat, she seems more like the servant to me. Perhaps think about switching roles? Like have the dog in the backpack with an evil look, as if he's in control...

Also having 2 masters and servants for one picture sounds interesting, but might be risky as well. Continue developing your picture, I'm interested in how you'll handle your ideas.

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Layout

This is the idea.....

03 March 2005
I love the idea, and the colours said India to me instantly, even before I'd realised exactly what I was looking at. I do like the idea of having a two-tier master/servant relationship too, though the shop owner looks quite nice and patient now, whereas he seemed quite angry in a couple of your earlier sketches, but that might be because its still in a simpler line stage so far. but looking good!

03 March 2005
thanks zepyhri....working hard but sadly progress is wee bit slower.....lots of confusion going on ....thanks and all the best to you too

03 March 2005
I really like the colors you've gotten down so far. They're very sweet. Unfortunately, the image isn't saying "master and servant" to me. Might just be me? Good luck, though!

04 April 2005
hi teknotek....like i said the image is still very basic and lots of confusion....will upgrade the sketch and upgrade it...was fooling around with colors....thanks and wish you all the best

Thread Closed share thread