Master and Servant 3D Entry: Marcus

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Marcus

Marcus has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: the puppet master

Well, this is my first time participating in the cg challenge. My concept has to do with puppets. I know it’s a really rough sketch but it’s basically a big figure in the background controlling a string puppet while the string puppet controls another smaller string puppet. I still need to develop the concept more. I was thinking maybe having the puppet master be Pinokyo and the puppet be Gippetto or maybe the head CEO puppet master controlling his puppet corporate underlings. I would love to get some comments and suggestions.

03 March 2005
Modeling: the puppet master

Well, this is my first time participating in the cg challenge. My concept has to do with puppets. I know it’s a really rough sketch but it’s basically a big figure in the background controlling a string puppet while the string puppet controls another smaller string puppet. I still need to develop the concept more. I was thinking maybe having the puppet master be Pinokyo and the puppet be Gippetto or maybe the head CEO puppet master controlling his puppet corporate underlings. I would love to get some comments and suggestions.

03 March 2005
Really enjoyed ur concept sketch so far! Really nice and Expressive. Not much to say, perhaps make the puppeteer's face bigger and eerier(spelling?) ? Maybe that would give a more imposing feel to the scene and show his dominace and power over the puppets?

Great sketches so far! (much much better than mine hahahahahah ) Looking forward to your modelling!

03 March 2005
actually really like your idea.....very literal betrayal of the master servant .....don't forget the emotion

03 March 2005
master servant

well. i really like the concept, but i'm afraid it's something that has already being used.

you should look into the Iron Maiden's albums. i think it's "the number of the beast" album.

i don't want to desapoint you, but maybe you can look forward for some inspiration in that illustration or maiden's illustrations. the master servant topic it's often used or evoqued.

maybe you can go to their site. i know it's a lot more "gore" that the pinoccio idea you propose, but it's the eddie style.

go and see.

Last edited by chueco : 03 March 2005 at 05:53 PM.

04 April 2005
I like how it's recursive. I wonder what state of mind the one in the middle would be experiencing. Generally, the master and servant role is very clear cut and you know where you stand. But the one in the middle.. he could be torn between his own servitude and the servitude on the one below him. Or does he feel bad for him because he knows what it's like? Or does he take a sort of vengence on him to exert what little power he has? OR! Does he realize that it's just an illusion and anything he is doing to the "puppet" below is still under the control of his master above?! Sorry to ramble on for so long, I hope it's not too confusing. Either way, I think you have a solid idea to work from and I look forward to seeing your work.

04 April 2005
Thumbs up opps

hey man nice concept but is very similar to this one :
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=226855

so try to make something diferent

www.paradondevamos.com

The answer that respond all questions, requiere the question that imply all mysterys - myself

04 April 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread