Master and Servant 3D Entry: Toh Kwan Wee Raymond

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Toh Kwan Wee Raymond

Toh Kwan Wee Raymond has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Texturing: The look

Just a look of the boy to give me a feel of how the boy's attitude would be like :P

Old 03 March 2005   #2
Concept Sketch: Boy

The boy is the apprentice of a master swordsman who is poisoned and abducted by his enemies, and the boy sets off to rescue his master. On the way, he found a sword of Heaven and Gauntlet of Earth. Each with a spirit that would follow his command. But he must first defeat them before they would obey.

Old 03 March 2005   #3
Hiya guys, me back for more practice in the challenge again gotta go now, so would look around tml! Good luck and do give me any CnCs!

Old 03 March 2005   #4
Concept Sketch: Spirit of Heaven

This is a rough composition of the boy and the spirit of heaven in action. To explore more again :)

Old 03 March 2005   #5
hey there Toh kwan Wee......Whats up?Long time no see........

Nice concepts.....I will be watching.I hope the best for you.....Nice to see you back in action.....Until later take care,I'll be looking for progress.....

Old 03 March 2005   #6
I like your anime style, also the sketch gives an action feeling... good luck...

Old 03 March 2005   #7
Heya Virtuoso! I've been busy and thus did not join the grand space challenge, and did not visit for a long time. Congrats on Machineflesh's Honourable mention, but not winning the top place must have left many of your fans sad, me included :( Also congrats on the Grand Space Challenge for the community award! Sorry for the late congrats though. Btw good luck for this challenge, and i'll be looking forward to learning from you and seeing your great work as per the usual from you!! Oh yah, hehe glad you still rememeber insignificant me!

Hi Crying horn, thanks for your encouragment I know that this anime style thing would definitely not win anything, but it gives me the opportunity to do something i like and with motivation and critics hehe... oh and for making friends here! Thanks again, and good luck to you toO!

Old 03 March 2005   #8
Nice concept. Sucks that anime seems like it will never win . Nice action in the last concept, hope the 3d version has the same intensity.

In the year 4016...

Old 03 March 2005   #9
Its not mainstream enough i guess, not realistic enough. Was originally used as a way to create anime cartoons fast without too much details anyway, so many that is the sigma attached to anime. Just need to work harder at it and see how things goes.

Old 03 March 2005   #10
Hi Ravendsg

nice compo and drawing, it's very dynamic.

And by the way I will use character studio.

Master & Servant

my site

Old 03 March 2005   #11
Originally Posted by Ravendsg: I know that this anime style thing would definitely not win anything

Even though I'm bit confused about what type of challenge you've chosen 3d or 2d. I still think anime style isn't amiss. Especially if you are planning to choose a 3d. For example Final Fantasy game's intros and other movies are one of the inspirations to me. When I saw first FFX intros and characters, I was extremelly impressed, not only by their technical look but by their style. And mainly the things like Squall sheds his tear in space saving Rinoa or possessed face look of Serge when he kills a Kid and more are something I will never forget.

The style doesn't matter, what matter is how you will present it.

Originally Posted by Ravendsg: but it gives me the opportunity to do something i like and with motivation

That's most important because when you do something that you like, you don't feel that you are working and then. So good luck to you and don't think that you can't win, know that you can win!

Old 03 March 2005   #12
Hi my friend,

Good to see that you're in. You're style was missed from this challenge. Give hehe for everyone

Old 03 March 2005   #13
Wonderful Anime style. I love anime myself and have always sucked royally at it. It is an artform and although it looks "simple" it is very complex. It is the minimalists dream. To produce emotions in a single line.. now that is powerful talent.

Old 03 March 2005   #14
Concept Sketch: Taming the spirit

An extremely rough sketch on another composition in mind hehe :P

Old 03 March 2005   #15
arlutik, thanks dude, i suppose you mean for posing to get the composition? Thats a good very good idea!

Crying Horn, i know u are right, would def try my best, and i think Square's style is def the way to go as far as jap anime style is concerned, but then again, i don't really feel thats anime already. But still, would see how it goes hehe And thanks for the encouragment hehehe!

Tremoside, how abt a ? hehehe. I know something amazing would come from you, and good luck to you, but i'll keep more for myself, as i think i need it more than u do

||) |V| |^|, thank god for cut and paste hahaha nice nick! I think you said it the best dude, the stuffs regarding anime

Thread Closed share thread