Master and Servant 3D Entry: Arkadiy Demchenko

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Arkadiy Demchenko

Arkadiy Demchenko has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Final

Ok, here it is. Now I'm going to have some sleep (two last nights were sleepless).

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Concept 00

First of all, not an artist blah-blah-blah... :)

This was the first idea - of one man controlling and acting as another one by putting his skin on. Then I thought maybe that one doesn't suite for the contest for obvious reasons... No probs for me, but my opinion could be incosistent with admins'. Still want a qualified word on this matter.

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Concept 01

And here is the new one.

Just my interpretation of Amur 'job' :) Amur uses these two people as dolls, marionettes or smth. There's a type of dolls in theatres that are to be put on Puppet Master's fingers. So, well, here it is - the big guy manipulates people by stickimg his fingers inside the body parts of them.

There should be wings for Amur, but I just didn't draw them.

03 March 2005
ЗЫ

идейка не плохайя которая не та где ноги отрезают.. ЗЫ..

Вообщим удачи.....

03 March 2005
Ногу не отрезают - всего навсего снимают с нее кожу

04 April 2005
Modeling: Started Modeling

Spent several hours today - don't actually know whether I'll be able to finish this project 'cause of the lack of time. But I'll do my best ;)

Here's a first step of modeling of Amur - still pretty raw, shall add details and improve existing ones. (Just wanted to say, that I'm not dead already :D)

Quads only. Shader - just a misss_fast_simple for preview.

Comments are welcome.

04 April 2005
Modeling: Modeling 02

Wow, so crowded here :D

Well, I suppose this is the final model of Amur's head. Maybe I'll make just a little more corrections and extras to it later.

It seems I need to find more time for the contest and work faster ;)

04 April 2005
Great looking model!

I have a stupid question. What are you doing to go from the low poly model. (lower portion of the pick) to the high poly render. (upper portion)

are you simply doing a polygon smooth before you render? or is it some sort of hidden button I don't know about?

thanks. looking great so far!

-Matt

04 April 2005
Thanks.

Yeap, that's just a simple smooth - no magic at all. But only for now - I'm going to put extra details I mentioned and shape the forms better on each level of smoothing with artisan (I'm using Maya), but later - now I just want to model everything first and only after that to spend time on details.

04 April 2005
Makes sense.

I am using the same method for my model. This modeling method is new to me, but seems to be a quick and easy way to add detail to a posed model.

I don't think I would do it on something I would animate...but for now, this works well.

-Matt

04 April 2005
Quote: I am using the same method for my model. This modeling method is new to me, but seems to be a quick and easy way to add detail to a posed model.

I don't think I would do it on something I would animate...but for now, this works well.

My method is 'everything out of a polyCube' And you seem to use 'separate parts, then connect them'. I used this technique (the difference was - I started with custom polygon and then extruded edges), but have found 'polyCube' much better for myself.

04 April 2005
Cool you did it, I didn't dare to make my character bite his lips.

Great modeling.

Master & Servant

my site

04 April 2005
good man.. i like the expression.. waiting to see more ! cya !

04 April 2005
Thanks, more updates soon.

04 April 2005
Modeling: Hand Modeling

A hand for a big guy. I've decided that it'd be more comfortable to pose fingers sticking into people bodies while having it separeted.

Skinned it, but won't do any corrective blenshapes or stuff - will just pose it and sculpt the mesh in final comp.

Thread Closed share thread