Master and Servant 3D Entry: Stephen Sherrin

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Stephen Sherrin

Stephen Sherrin has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Done!

Finished at last!

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Egyptian slaves

OK, just a quickie sketch (my modeling is much stronger than my drawing). Anyway, the concept is simple- a fallen slave about to be beaten, extreme fear on his face and extreme anger on the slave master's. Other slaves can be seen hauling a large block of granite in the background, heading towards a pyramid

03 March 2005
nice concept but the block should be very big,and lots of people moving it.

03 March 2005
You're right...

Thanks for the input... My perspective on the sketch is generally way off (The palm trees also look like they may be the same size as the pyramid). I'll try to keep proportions correct, although I am having trouble finding reference images (paintings or drawings) of life in ancient Egypt, so much will be best guess

03 March 2005
Modeling: First Head WIP

I'm going to try and be better this time about posting frequently. Anyway, here's the 1st character's completed head model. Textrure should be done in an hour or so and will post then, and then move on to the body

03 March 2005
Texturing: Head Texture

Here are 2 versions of the same texture, one darker, one lighter more olive toned. Any opinions on which way I should go texture wise?

03 March 2005
Hi,
Great head!!! Use the darker one!!! It is more realistic!!! White one makes the character resemble to M. JAckson he he!!!

03 March 2005
Thanks for the input

Well, MJ has enuff trouble without my turning him into an Egyptian slave,so I guess I'll have to stick with the darker head

03 March 2005
Modeling: Torso

OK, Done with the torso. Modelled it in 2 pieces, than attached

03 March 2005
Texturing: Torso Textured

Finished texturing the torso

03 March 2005
Texturing: Body Trunk1 Complete

Completed the body and legs, including texture. Will be out of town for the weekend, so probably my last post till tuesday, but I will check in for any opinions. I always appreciate input!

03 March 2005
wow! this is awsome! I would only tweak a bit the body, but it truly looks real! I think that calfs should be a bit wider in the inside part, buttocks should be a bit smaller, they could probably be anatomicaly correct, but in my opinion they look strange. Sometimes unnatural things look more real than real ones in 3d I also think that he could have more detailed stomach muscles. As I understand he's a hard phisical worker, so his muscles could be more defined. But not too much, as during such work the muscles are not trained in the same way as i nthe gym

Good luck! Keep the great progress

03 March 2005
good work bro, glad to see your in this one

03 March 2005
Talking

WTF! Didnt expect to get mooned when I opened this thread jesus.

Nice start though, looking forward to seeing more (non buttocks) LOL j/k. Cant wait to see the finished model.

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

03 March 2005
Thanks for all the input

I will be tweaking the body some once it is complete. I'm also thinking I may need to slim him a bit... He looks pretty well defined, but something in the proportions makes me think overweight. Well, good luck to all, and thanks again! I'll post some updates Tuesday morning or so

Thread Closed share thread