Master and Servant 3D Entry: Pawel Libiszewski

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Pawel Libiszewski

Pawel Libiszewski has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: Final submission :/

This is my final upload :/. Thx for every comment and for watching this entry. I hope that we all met on next challenge (and I'll finish it :) ).

Old 03 March 2005   #2
hello
This is my first post here on CgTalk
Have fun and good luck!

Old 04 April 2005   #3
Story behind the scene

Ok- I developed many sketches but they were all in the same mood. Mood of brute dependence (monster-slave, chain ,human-master). So I decide to try something diffrent. This is a story behind the scene:

It was in 1410 year. The summer was at its beginning and the time was just after dinner. Warmir was about to fall asleep, when he heard from the courtyard of his properties, clatter of horses’ hooves. He has heard this sound many times so far but in this particular moment he heard something annoying and disturbing. He decided to check personalny what was hapenning. He went through the courtyard as it was the shortest possible way. There he saw two unknown riders and a small group of his servants. They were elbowing theirs way but when they saw Warmir they decided to calm down. The unknown guests immediately jumped down from their steeds and they bowed in a very noble way to their master who was the owner of the castle called “Huge Rock”. They explained who they were and what was the reason of their arrival to this over hundred - year house of Benesz properties. They introduced themselves as the messengers ( and to prove it they showed seals which were given to them by their superiors ). The news which they have announced from village to village were interesting enough to interest Warmir “Furious Bull” Benesz. He was informed that the war broke out.
Warmir “Furious Bull” Benesz was well known especially from his brave deeds in all the Royalty. Ever since he has belonged to this small group of extinct knights who have never pulled back from the battlefield. In his teenage years, Benesz was taught by the most considerable fencing masters in feudal Europe ( the stories say that he studied even in Johannnesa Liechtenaurea ). There were many legends about him and they have been hardly ever exeggerated. “Furious Bull” deserved totally on his nickname, because he has loved so much his martial trade and he was master in this.
It is no wonder that the news about the war were sealed by having all teeth in his mouth. ( as it was unusual rarity in those times ).
Samson – Warmir’s faithful servant was observing all chaos in front of the courtyard. He has seen that kind of smile many times.
Fierce Bull was also famous for his uncontrollable character. He was very demading for himself and for other people ( but it was one exception to this rule – it didn’t apply to his wife and daughters, those could even jump on his nut and he didn’t bat an eyelid ).He wasn’t this type of man who behaves like a tyrant but whenever somebody was disobedient, he punishes him very severely. Each of his servants has at least once in their’s life felt Benesz’s hard hand. Every, but not Samson Buzek. Samson was the oldest servant from Warmir’s personal retinue. He has lived in the castle since Benesz has remembered, but it was obvious that Buzek didn’t come from the Kingdom. When Warmir was a child, he remembered that he sometimes played with Samson. When he attained the age of adulthood and he was knighted, father gave him a gift – that was Samson, his first and most important squire. Within the years of martial wandering Warmir and Samson were always travelling together. Apart from the vast difference of age and possession, the special bond has been created between them. The foundation of this friendship was caused by unusual event which led to these wonderful relations. As the story says Samson saved Benesz’s life. It was in the times when Warmir’s fierce character was extremely above his experience and abilities. But it was old history.
Now Samson was seating in the corner of the courtyard and he was looking at his master. He has seen this smile many times and it was this kind of smile which heralds troubles.
Warmir ordered departure in the early hours of morning. The aim was simple. He intended to reach to the place of troops’ concentration as quick as possible. He told his servants to prepare his ancestral armour which was made by master von Hamerstoff. It consists of his favourite two – handed sword, achieved gem made from damascen steel which weighs like a one - handed sword and was as sharp as razor, and his favourite steed. Through these years they have served him at the battlefields very well.
They set out on a journey at dawn. They had a long distance at the end of the Royalty. But there haven’t been any special problems during the way. The last day of their trip began with very fast breakfast as usually and was even funny. Samson was honoured riding at his master’s side and was talking with him all the time. The chat was extremely interesting and it was connected with perfidy of females. But it was not only the topic which was very fascinating but also the weather, which led them in a good mood. Samson was trying to be ironic and his remarks were making their trip more light and tolerable. The master and his servant were joking and laughing and they were unconscious that this journey was the last one for one of them.

My goal is to portrait this morning chat between master and servant.

Old 04 April 2005   #4
Concept Sketch: Concept

Concept of morning chat.

Old 04 April 2005   #5
Modeling: Modeling the horse

from box to mid res. next step-zbrush

Old 04 April 2005   #6
Modeling: Horse rig

I planned min. 5 horses in scene -they all will be combination of this one.
max for posing and zbrush for hires detail

Old 04 April 2005   #7
Modeling: Character

character for posing purpose(min. 5 human's planned).

Old 04 April 2005   #8
Modeling: Rig for character

low res character with rig

Old 04 April 2005   #9
Nice progress Pawel. I like the musles on the horse The concept is looking real good too.

Powodzenia

Old 04 April 2005   #10
Modeling: Modeling the master horse

the goal here was to create strong horse character-this is the battle horse of bravest medieval knight.

Old 04 April 2005   #11
The horse looks amazing. Have you stared ZB the human yet?. Hope you finish in time still a lot to do...

Old 04 April 2005   #12
Excellent horse anatomy Axisman, its looking sweet.

Old 04 April 2005   #13
wow!! great horse. excellent modeling

Old 04 April 2005   #14
looking really sweet indeed, impressive

www.pierrebourgeot.com

Follow the null and you will find the answer...

Old 04 April 2005   #15
Great work, love the exageration in the muscles.

Master & Servant

my site

Thread Closed share thread